• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Rodi system question

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It's sound like it might be the restrictor. If you got a new membrane how many GPD is it? If you change to a higher or lower membrane you have to change the flow restrictor to get the proper back pressure for the membrane.

It's sound like it might be the restrictor. If you got a new membrane how many GPD is it? If you change to a higher or lower membrane you have to change the flow restrictor to get the proper back pressure for the membrane.

75 gal per day membrane and the restrictor says 800 on it, so I don't know if thats right. Is a restrictor something the local home improvement store might carry?

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Typically the 75GPD restrictor is a 600 but you can use a 800. Unfortunately, they are not something that the local home improvement stores carry.

Where are you located? I have an extra 550 flow restrictor. Your welcome to it. It came with my it the one that was recommended when I changed my membrane to 75gpd. And I got another one that came on my 75gpd system. The one I'll give you has never seen water. The only problem is I'm not gonna be available for a awhile but I could leave it for you unless you can get here today. I'm in bordentown. I'll pm my number if you want it.

Next thing I'd like to ask is how is your pressure. I had zero luck making water until I got a booster pump. Without it I would only manage to get at best 5 gal of water every 3-4 hrs or so. And that is if I warmed the water. If you pressure is low or borderline it's gonna be a losing battle.