• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Rod's 75gal Mixed Reef

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
mandarim...over two years old with me, got sucked by the impeller of my HOB refugium and survived with half tail and a white spot on his side!

I'm with you with the whole I-don't-know-which-change-worked-but-one-of-them-did theory, guess Mike and I should have changed one thing at a time if we really wanted to know what was working.
The new pics of your tank look great!
You said your clams like the purple up- any idea why? We have never tried dosing with it.

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
well clams thrive on calcium to grow their shells so I just want to keep them happy! The squamosa is the quickest grower, followed by the Derasa, and then the maximas...slow growers for me...

rod

rodclement said:
well clams thrive on calcium to grow their shells so I just want to keep them happy! The squamosa is the quickest grower, followed by the Derasa, and then the maximas...slow growers for me...

rod

Thanks it is a good thought, will keep it in mind, maybe reconsider adding purple up.
I think it has iodine in it right? Which I have found to be very helpful for my tank too.