• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sal's 75G build

964e86a614c7a88382423ff506572030.jpg

That is only around 20 gal..... It took a looooong time.

Ok... Still No hanger, however I am up and running. Thanks to raffle king for selling me 20 lbs of live rock and some Dr. Time "one and only" I saw no cycle what so ever.
74aea155e0c28ab5be320fc630723f05.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

depending on the ambient temp of the house - that sump area may get humid. i've seen some folks add a fan to help with the evap. Or you could cover a portion of the sump. Normally i wouldn't suggest that but since your display is an open top - plenty of evap should happen there. where are you going to keep your ATO?

So far I have noticed 1 gal evaporation taking place every day. Still not 100% as to where I am going to place the ATO container. :huh:

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looking great Sal!

I have a roll of plastic hanger strips with holes punched in them that you could use as a support for the drain piping. What I do is just screw in a hook in the top of the stand, hook one end of the strip to it, wrap it around the pipe once, then back up and hook the other end on the same hook... making it snug. I can drop it off Monday on my way home from work if you want... let me know.

As for the ATO Container, when I had that stand/sump, I had mine on the shelf to the right side of the stand. You may have removed that, but either way, the right side has plenty of room for the container I use... it's one of these from the Container Store (Cherry Hill Mall):
http://www.containerstore.com/s/kitchen/food-storage/pet/123?productId=10006457 (I think mine is the "22 lb" version.)

They are tall and narrow and hold roughly 4-5 gallons of water (which should last through most of the week) and the wheels come off if you don't want to use them. The lid has a locking mechanism and although isn't completely air tight, it has a foam gasket that helps keep the ATO container from evaporating or water spilling out.

I had to notch out a small square in the locking mechanism to allow my pump wiring and tubing to go through, but I was very happy with it and still use it now for my 120G.

To get it to fit it under the stand, I had to spin it on a 45 degree angle, slide it between the tank and the stand (where the door attaches) as far as it will go, then spin it as I push it the rest of the way in. Sounds difficult but after a few tries it will come natural, trust me. Oh, I think I had to also lift it up so that the wider top portion of the container cleared above the rim of the sump (which is mainly why I had that shelf there). But once you are through and make the turn, it will fit on the bottom of the stand. If you keep the wheels on it, it may even make this part easier for you.

Anyway, Here is a link to a post with pics describing mine. Sorry the pics are a bit blurry. I had a crappy camera back then. I can get some better ones tonight to show you it better if you want. Let me know.

i really like the tunze 3155 ozmolator ATO. literally a set it and forget it device. My only problem was when a sensor failed after 3 years - which they replaced for a very nominal fee (like $20).

Thanks George! I will have to take a trip to the Container Store then.
So far so good. My only issue thus far has been with the bubble trap on the sump. It started to leak water from the fuge section in to the return side. Needless to say, the water level never went down. :confusion:
However, nothing some silicone (aquarium safe) couldn't fix. :)

I think I am ready to start adding some corals. :applouse:

Ha ha! :p I can also do that trick, specially it I don't use the power cable.
But yeah, it would be nice if we could hide it.

Ahhhhhhhh!...... :stupid: Now that I look closer I can see it now.
I think they sell that at lowes. Will have to go and get some.

This is the ATO that I will be using until I purchase something more up to date. Just a leftover from my last build.
fa59504ccd76bb0b3126f1fc5618b720.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk