• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Seeking better results

Lately my tank has been doing good, everything appears to be healthy and the water chemistry has been stable but I am just not seeing the results that make me feel comfortable saying the tank is thriving.
Wether it be a lighting adjustment or circulation increase or decrease I dont know..
It could even be possibly a slight adjustment to the water chemistry as my nitrates are a little high at the moment.
What ever it is something just seems off .. Like there is that one piece of the equation thats not quite were it should be and its preventing The tank from really taking off.

Is there anyone from the Howell or surrounding area that would be willing to meet up and take a look at the tank with me and give me some advice or a piece of mind? I'd be happy to talk tank shop over a 6 pack (my treat) I'm just looking for someone with some decent experience that might be able to give me some pointers on what I need to improve.

Lately my tank has been doing good, everything appears to be healthy and the water chemistry has been stable but I am just not seeing the results that make me feel comfortable saying the tank is thriving.
Wether it be a lighting adjustment or circulation increase or decrease I dont know..
It could even be possibly a slight adjustment to the water chemistry as my nitrates are a little high at the moment.
What ever it is something just seems off .. Like there is that one piece of the equation thats not quite were it should be and its preventing The tank from really taking off.

Is there anyone from the Howell or surrounding area that would be willing to meet up and take a look at the tank with me and give me some advice or a piece of mind? I'd be happy to talk tank shop over a 6 pack (my treat) I'm just looking for someone with some decent experience that might be able to give me some pointers on what I need to improve.

What salt are you using? I know when i was using Red Sea it consistently kept my cal and my nitrates high and for the life of me couldn’t get them to go down. Are you using a buffer or dosing at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What salt are you using? I know when i was using Red Sea it consistently kept my cal and my nitrates high and for the life of me couldn’t get them to go down. Are you using a buffer or dosing at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Currently using reef crystals and so,far I havent noticed anything to crazy with my chemistry ot is possible that because I don't have an auto top off that the slight daily fluctuation could be causeing some stress.
As for doseing I do dose buffer but not to offend as I haven't had any real need to except to raise the alk. I dose red sea color pro occasionally as needed but its not a thing that happes often

Best thing for a tank is stability when you can keep it as consistent as possible that's when it will start thriving. Consistent salinity, alkalinity, calcium, magnesium, phosphates and nitrates. Not up and down. Try to resist messing with a spectrum of the LED lights set them once and try not to mess with it.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
What's missing? Are you not seeing growth, or poly extension? Which corals do you feel are the issue? Can you post your water parameters?

What's missing? Are you not seeing growth, or poly extension? Which corals do you feel are the issue? Can you post your water parameters?
Polyp extension is my biggest concern, they are open not as robust as I'd like them.
My current parameters are the following
Salinty 1.026
Temp 78
PH 7.7
Cal 410
All 8.1
Mag 1260
Phosphate 0.06
Nitrate 20.0 (I know this is high)
KH 2.8
Iodine 0.06

I recently had Cyano algea about a week ago I treated with red slime remover stuff worked great 2 treatments and a water change plus some phosphate removing resin and I can't find a trace of the stuff any where.

My main concern is the corals not really looking as extended and healthy as is like them. They don't look sick they just dont seem to be doing as great as id like them

As for the lighting idk the par levels I have a pretty high powered led system buy I don't have it running at maximum capacity and I believe it needs some tweaking to get it running at the right intensity and mixture of colors I jist havent figured that out yet

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
How about some pics? Parameters seem fine. What kind of fish do you have in the tank? Sometimes one of them can be nipping. My PE wasnt very good for a while. I had a flame angel and never saw him nip. When he decided to jump out of the tank my PE finally got much better!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I dont,have any real good close ups at the moment cause I am at work but here's a recent whole tank shot0416181254b_Film1.jpg 0416181254d_Film1.jpg

Attachments

• 0416181254_Film1.jpg
    0416181254_Film1.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 7

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
@Jeremy Brito the powerhead on the left side of the tank is pointed at the glass? only the 2 powerheads and how big is the tank? how strong is your flow throughout the tank? my tank is 48" long, 24"deep and 13" wide and i'm blasting a jebao PP8 at 70% and a PP4 at 80% and i'm thinking of adding another.

@Jeremy Brito the powerhead on the left side of the tank is pointed at the glass? only the 2 powerheads and how big is the tank? how strong is your flow throughout the tank? my tank is 48" long, 24"deep and 13" wide and i'm blasting a jebao PP8 at 70% and a PP4 at 80% and i'm thinking of adding another.
I need more water flow? I have them deflecting off the glass walls to cause a break up wave flow so nothing gets directly blasted And I have a random flow tip on the return plumbing. I figured I could use more flow but couldn't afford a better power head budgetary issues been killing me these days lol