• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Selling my setup (FISH FIRST) (East Brunswick)

kevin

NJRC Member
I appreciate all that I've learned & the people I've met here. Everyone has been extremely helpful & it's one of the best communities I've ever been apart of.

email: finkelkevin@gmail.com
cell: 732-570-1587 (you can text me or call)
If you have any questions just reach me with one of the ways listed above

Ever since I thought me & the wife were going to buy a house a month ago.. I wrote my tank off. The cyano & hair algae definitely hasn't made things any better. I've just grown distant in the past month or so & it feels more like a chore then enjoyment. I love my fish, but I feel they will be better off with someone else. When I get my own home, I'll venture back into the world of reefkeeping. I'm just parting it out. I'm not going to sell it as a whole. If someone was seriously interested in a whole, then you can make me an offer. I'm missing A LOT of other parts, but I'm waiting till my fish go.

I'm selling my fish first.

Melanarus wrasse: $20
Extreme snowflake & ORA black & white clown(They come as a pair.. I will not separate): $100 (they love nems)
Tankbred neon dottyback: she plays well with everyone. I even added quite a few additions after her and she doesnt mind $20
midas blenny: $15
longnose hawkfish: $20 (plays well with everyone.. even my scarlet & harlequin shrimp)
barnacle blenny: $15 (He's been missing for a few days.. so I don't know about this one)
ORA mandarin goby : eats mysis & pellets $25
harlequin shrimp PAIR: FREE I got these from howze. He gave them to me when he sold his setup. I'm passing them a long. ( They are on the bigger side)
scarlet shrimp: $20

the shrimp will have to go last because I'll have to tear apart my rock work.

I'll list some corals that I remember at the top of my head
2 headed gold torch(hasn't been looking that great lately)
cornbred 3g (SOLD)
firestarter chalice (SOLD)
50-100rastas (you'll have to take the whole big rock)
space monster zoa's (5p?)
dark phoenix pe zoa's (5p?)
blue agave zoa (2p)
joke favia (10 or so p)
RBTA
Rainbow BTW
Purple LTA(only purple tips.. it's bleached and hiding)
orange rock nem
master scoly
fragframer watermelon chalice
5p sunny d's
orange scoly
3headed lobo
8 or so p captain america's
green w/ purple tip frogspawn (4heads)
green hammer (4+heads)

+ others i can't remember

Obviously, can't sell my hardware until the fish & corals go. This is off the top of my head.

(2x) Radions: $350each
Reef Octopus NWB200 8” Pinwheel In Sump Protein Skimmer (few months old): $200
mp40wES (few months old): $400
neptune apex full w/ extra pH probe: $350 (display is not working.. one day I unplugged it & the screen wouldn't turn back on. I haven't bothered to call neptune to trouble shoot it because I run it through my wireless)
mag 9.5: $50
ecotech battery backup: $100
BRS 5stage RODI $100
Neptune Breakout Box $20
75g w/ dual overflows
40g sump

+ more I'll list later

01-20-13042.jpg

OLD pictures of the rastas
01-20-13091.jpg

01-20-13141.jpg

01-20-13152.jpg

01-20-13033.jpg

01-20-13010.jpg

01-20-13069.jpg

Last edited:
Kevin, im sorry to hear this. I do hope you change your mind. However you have a pm in case you do not

Sorry you are taking a break. Once you have a place of your own your reefing itch will return. In the mean time you really should keep equipment for the following reasons; 1) it never goes bad. 2) you will buy it all over again at top dollar, sooner than you think.

kevin

NJRC Member
Kevin, im sorry to hear this. I do hope you change your mind. However you have a pm in case you do not

Thanks, I sent you a PM back

Updated the first post with a few photos

IMG_20130310_131700_zps6d7fc0b6.jpg

IMG_20130306_174748_zpsb3dc5201.jpg

01-20-13022.jpg

back left is a really awesome chalice. have to get a better picture of it
01-20-13106.jpg

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I may be interested in the 3G mummy eye and orange scoly. Also the Rastas depending o the size of the rock. Pm me with prices if you don't mind. Also would be interested in any SPS you might have. Best of luck with buying a house. Hope your break from the hobby isn't too long

kevin

NJRC Member
Is it a spotted mandarin?

whoops, yes it is! She is probably my favorite fish(i don't really know if it's a she, but she hovers like one, lol) I bought her from Xavier

My harlequins are actually in a good spot to grab now. They are out eating a starfish..

kevin

NJRC Member
kev bud maybe keep the leds + vortech for when you reset up? save some $ down the road? sorry to see you go

I won't be buying a house for a few years, so I'm going to sell everything I can. I appreciate the sadness! I'm sorry to see myself goo, I've spent lots of time & money. I've learned a ton.. it's just right now it's time to let go. I also might be getting a new job that requires me to travel 90% of the time

Sorry to hear about your breakdown Kev anypic on the master scoly and id b interested in your harlies send me a pic to my cell if you could 9733928340

kevin

NJRC Member
space monsters (SOLD to Zippy69)
sunny d's (SOLD to Zippy69)
Rainbow Nem (SOLD to SeahorseKeeper )
RBTA (SOLD to
SeahorseKeeper )

Melanarus wrasse: (SOLD Thermosts )
Tankbred neon dottyback: (SOLD Thermosts )
longnose hawkfish: (SOLD Thermosts)
barnacle blenny: (SOLD Thermosts )
ORA mandarin goby : (SOLD Thermosts)
harlequin shrimp PAIR (SOLD Thermosts)

blue agave zoa (SOLD to judeo iTzJu)
phenoix zoa (Sold to juedo iTzJu)
orange scoly (sold to juedo iTzJu)
frag farmer (sold to juedo iTzJu)
joker favia (sold to jueo iTzJu)

Cornbred (sold to greybolt)
firestarter (sold to greybolt)

master scoly(sold to kschweer )

I can't edit my first post. So I'm going to have to do it in every new post

Last edited:

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
sorry to hear that your are breaking down your tank Kevin, hopefully once you get your house you get back in the hobby!

I sent you a txt.

Man.. I got out for one day and in an hour all the good stuff (to me) is gone!

Sorry to see you go. I hope you keep posting here from time to time. I always enjoyed your posts. I'm interested in the Scarlet Shrimp.. Is it a skunk cleaner, or the one that is all red with white spots? If the mandarin and barnacle blenny happen to fall through let me know.

kevin

NJRC Member
Man.. I got out for one day and in an hour all the good stuff (to me) is gone!

Sorry to see you go. I hope you keep posting here from time to time. I always enjoyed your posts. I'm interested in the Scarlet Shrimp.. Is it a skunk cleaner, or the one that is all red with white spots? If the mandarin and barnacle blenny happen to fall through let me know.

It was a rush. As soon as I posted this up, I got texts, PM's, E-mails.. it was nuts.

scarlet looks like this
BLOOD%20SHRIMP.jpg

I will take the scarlet when he's ready. No rush just let me know when you can get him and I can come by. Shooting you a pm.

kevin

NJRC Member
Wow quick sale. What's left?

yeah, that was absolutely nuts. I think I was quite fair on the prices I told everyone.

What's left.
clowns
bleached purple LTA
Rasta's on a rock
gold torch, green hammer, green frogspawn (pending)
3 headed lobo
orange rock nem
another rock nem green /purple skirts
(3) green maxi mini nems
captain america zoa's
no name chalice. rather large.. looks like convict chalice. I won it the meeting at that place during the summer, lol. it was from feng's store
i have acans I haven't posted 4 are from WWC.. but the are now orange
another acan that I have a picture above
blasto
and some other random pieces