• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Seneye - Anyone have one?

It is odd. My temperature has been spot on when tested against a thermometer. Hopefully I'll hear back from Matt at Seneye on Monday (although he does occasionally check his email on Saturdays, I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one.)

I'll let you guys know what he says.

Ok, so Matt from Seneye got back to me today. Here's what we have:

If you know, for a fact, that whatever device you are testing against is accurate, and Seneye is not, you can open the Control program and at the bottom right you will see a "padlock" symbol. Click this symbol to unlock the settings. now you can "trim" the settings to be more accurate to your needs. For example, if your Seneye is reading .3 higher in PH than a known good test, you can "trim" the PH down (minus) .3 to bring it more in line with what you know to be accurate.

The second thing, to the point about the algorithms and the alerts, please see the message below regarding changes in the new version of the software currently being beta tested:

"Environment profile download (warning levels)

We fundamentally changed the way that the high and low warning levels from seneye.me downloaded to the seneye connect. This has been done for greater reliability and system speed. Please check that when a change is made on seneye.me the ‘settings’ on your seneye connect are updated. This is still automatically updated on a ½ hour cycle, but can be manually forced by pressing the ‘re-sync settings’ button. Testing of the reliably of the update should be the main focus.

pH calculation

In a continuing effort to improve the targeting and resolution of the device, we have updated the pH calculation. This gives higher accuracy at the high pH range and greater resolution at the bottom end of the pH scale. There is a high chance that the pH value that you seneye displays will be different to before, please use trim if you wish to change the level to match other testing methods. "

​As soon as I hear back on the release of the new software, I will let you know.

Thanks alot for taking the time to get a response from seneye mfisher. Its nice to know theres a way to adjust it.

Yeah, I appreciate you opening the dialog with them. I had already found the trim setting in the current release, though I didn't quite trust it (says he temperature is too low even after trimming). Glad to hear a new release is on the horizon.

My pleasure guys! Any other issues, let me know. I'll see what I can find.
So I did finally get an alert from Seneye, but it went into my spam (gmail)... So they should probably work on making their alerts look less spammy, but that's minor. The alert was that my slide was about to expire... That's cool, it came up a few days before expiration, so I had time. But once I went to change it out, it keeps giving me an error that the device hasn't synced to seneye.com, so I can't enter the new number. Annoying. I'll try again tonight. But seneye.me keeps updating with new data...

Is the new software beta available for download?

Yeah, my alerts did that at first too. If you add the "from" email address to your contacts that shouldn't happen.

Did you try manually syncing the settings between the software and seneye.me?

I'm not sure if the beta software is available for open download or not. I doubt they want it out there too much until they're sure the kinks are worked out. I'll check with Matt at Seneye directly, but I do know I got an email from him that he will be away at Interzoo this week. So it may take a few days to get a response.

Did you find their facebook page by chance? I'm pretty sure they put a call out there for beta testers to download the new software and provide beta feedback. Sounds to me like you'd be perfect for that. You should check that out.

I'll let you know what I find out.

So I did finally get an alert from Seneye, but it went into my spam (gmail)... So they should probably work on making their alerts look less spammy, but that's minor. The alert was that my slide was about to expire... That's cool, it came up a few days before expiration, so I had time. But once I went to change it out, it keeps giving me an error that the device hasn't synced to seneye.com, so I can't enter the new number. Annoying. I'll try again tonight. But seneye.me keeps updating with new data...

Is the new software beta available for download?

ATTENTION ANYONE WHO HAS A SENEYE!

New software version 1.24 is available for download!

It now has a corrected PH line for MARINE/SALTWATER.

You have to click the padlock at the bottom of the seneye software panel, and tick the box for marine.

Apparently, the issues we have all been having with PH has been that they were using the same calculations for fresh and marine.

This SHOULD correct that issue!

Software 1.24 can be downloaded here:

http://www.seneye.com/download

If you just bought the Seneye from me and hooked it up, you SHOULD have version 1.24, just be sure to click that padlock, and under the PH, "tick" the box for Marine.

So I've disconnected my Seneye. It's inaccurate, the alerting doesn't work (and this is a service I'm paying for monthly!) and it's just a big disappointment.

I'm keeping it around as a PAR meter (it's supposedly accurate enough for that), but otherwise it's a waste.

Wow, sorry to hear that Jason!

I have been trying to keep up on all the forum posts etc on facebook with Seneye, and I just don't see the accuracy issues occurring across the spectrum like we have had here.

Do you think it may be possible that you have either a defective unit or bad slides? I can put you in touch with one of the guys at Seneye directly if you'd like. You can PM me your email address and I will ask him to get back to you if you want.

I hate to see someone have such a disappointing experience with a piece of equipment that A: I sell, and B: seems to hold so much promise.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

So I've disconnected my Seneye. It's inaccurate, the alerting doesn't work (and this is a service I'm paying for monthly!) and it's just a big disappointment.

I'm keeping it around as a PAR meter (it's supposedly accurate enough for that), but otherwise it's a waste.

Thats the only thing i use mine for and im only confident in its ability as a PAR meter because i tested it side by side with a borrowed apogee meter.

any updates from seneye users? i know there was a buy from Matt a while back. anybody that bought one, what are your thoughts on the testing(besides PAR)?