• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Small yellow tang

Would
Yellow coris wrasse has the striking color of a Yellow tang, interesting behavior as it prowls the rock work and burrows in the sand to sleep, and will stay the right size for e tank too. Other wrasses are attractive as well but if you like the yellow they are hardy and inexpensive.

Would this fish eat my crabs and shrimp?

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Would

Would this fish eat my crabs and shrimp?

the yellow wrasse is a good fish to have in any tank. They are reef save, they stir up the sand when they sleep/ they eat small pest that live in the tank. The yellow wrasses is small and it will usually leave your inverters alone. tbey are very good fish to keep in a small tank.

Make sure to have a lid on your tank wrasses will jump

Last edited:
Making some call in bit...
I thought about it before. I’ll give it a try and I’ll be checking the shrimp !!! just to make sure.
Thanks for the information.

I had Skunk and fire shrimp with it before, no problem. Not sure about peppermint but I’d think they’d be ok

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
If it isn’t on the floor because you had the tank covered, it’s hiding in the sand. It’s normal for it to hide when it’s frightened or sleeping

Better not to take them out of the sand. It freaks them out and stresses them further. They normally get more bold and on schedule within a few days.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I bought a coris a few years back. Assumed it died from transfer even though acclimated.
Two weeks later it showed its face. Give it time, if you don't see it in a month, consider thinking about writing it off, but don't be suprised if it shows up later.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
If it doesn't show in a week or two just tape a plastic fork to the end of a stick, put on dramatic evil music and start stabbing the sand while laugh maniacally.
He'll probably stay above the sand at that point. Thats how fish learn.