• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Something strange is going on....

The kit that I bought, which was the one the store recommended is phosphate our.. so that’s better. My phosphates are .24. I put my rowa phos back in and also the carbon. Any other suggestions? Is it time to dose nitrates ? If so what’s the preferred method?

Ooooppppsss. I made an error the first time I did my phosphate test kit. I did not have the lid on it. After doing the conversion my phosphates are .18 ppm.

The kit that I bought, which was the one the store recommended is phosphate our.. so that’s better. My phosphates are .24. I put my rowa phos back in and also the carbon. Any other suggestions? Is it time to dose nitrates ? If so what’s the preferred method?
The phosphate ULR checker doesn't need to be converted. Do you have the phosphate one or the phosphorus?

It’s the phosphate ulr ppm checker. So they are high.

Attachments

• 15C5539A-9C78-47C1-9875-9ABAEA1F12C9.jpeg
    15C5539A-9C78-47C1-9875-9ABAEA1F12C9.jpeg
    869.8 KB · Views: 3
To make things interesting I just tested my ro water and it’s reading .13 ppm. That seems high for water that should be stripped clean. My tds meter reads 0 as I make it.

After testing my ro water I read that those tests are not always accurate with just fresh water. So I tested a recent batch of salt water mix made on Monday and it’s reading .29ppm. That’s high... what is it more likely coming from the salt mix or my RO unit? Like I said before my tds meter is reading 0 and the filters to the RO unit are only two months old.

I use brightwell salt and have an liquigen 75 gpd fuve stage ro/di unit. The whole unit is about two months old.

I also have a TDS meter on my rodi unit and a aquatic life smart buddie booster pump as well. My tds meter currently reads 240 after the first three prefilters and 0 after the resin filter.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I use brightwell salt and have an liquigen 75 gpd fuve stage ro/di unit. The whole unit is about two months old.

hmm, that's interesting, its not uncommon for some PO4 to show up on with RODI water, could be leaching from your container or something but at .29 that's a bit too high. where are you storing your RODI water?

I don’t know if this makes a difference. But, I usually make 20 gallon batches of salt water In a brute trash can. I use a mag 9 pump and let it mix for roughly 24 hours. I use ten gallons for a water change that day and the other ten gallons is stored for one week in clear 5 gallon plastic jugs.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
yeah, I'm not really sure. the DI should usually take out and remaining PO4 in the water and it seems like you have quality containers so I'm not really sure where the po4 would be introduced. if it was trace amounts of PO4 I would think nothing of it but a fresh batch at .29 is weird to me.