• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Spotter's long distance tank build...

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Great pictures! Everything looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great Steve. Are you still running vhos for supplemental lighting or did you get leds?
Thanks Mike! No VHO's. I have 8 x 54w t5's that I run. 4 x geisemann true actinic and 4 x ati blue +. I picked up a couple of kessil a160's to play around with for LED supplementation and replace the t5's with that but not liking them so the LED search continues.

Awesome pics. What lens did you get?
Thanks Mike! I got the canon 70d and the 100mm canon macro lens. I find using a tripod helps tremendously.

Great Job Steve!! Another beautiful Natureef tank!

Thanks Darren!!! Your advice and answering my non stop texts about the reactor is why it's worked out so well for me!

Did you get the 100mm f2.8. L or the USM? I've been trying to decide between the two. I'm not sure that I can justify the extra cash for the L glass.

I went with the standard glass. I rented the IS model and compared the pictures with little difference noticed. If you're using a tripod it will help with stabilizing the image a lot.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Great pictures! Looks like everything is doing great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk