• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Start of my aquapod - help as i progress

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Kenya and colt are 2 different corals.
Yes directing flow on the cyano will help it go away.

Small update!

Added a 4 led submersible light to chamber 3. I will post my progession to see if its any good. Good thing is its only .4 watts and since most people have heat issues with nanos im glad it doesnt really contribute.

Size comparison

Im still battling some red cyano on my sand. Hopefully a water change and lessening the duration the lights are on will help.

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Hey man,

Tank is looking pretty good!

Your best bet to combat that cyano, if you can't move the powerhead (or whatever it uses for flow) is to restructure your rock. I had to do it to my 29g recently because of dead spots due to my 3 dimensional rock pile.

After i changed the rock a bit, no issues with cyano anymore.

Food for thought, at any rate.

damon

Twan, Im using water that is made by RO for topoff.
Sub, I was actually thinking of moving a couple pieces a little to see if that helps.
Thanks for the opinions.

Vacuum it off the sand and blow some off the rocks with a turkey baster and suck it up.
I get a little bit every other month to be honest with you. This is how I deal with it.
Not wanting to move all my rock around right now.

My orange monti cap is bleached! Dont really know what happened.
Started as this

To this today

FTS so you can see placement

I did a 2G water change tuesday and added purigen. I have my whites on for 7 hours and actinics on for 10 hours. All other coral seem to be doing good. Only problem is I have been having temperature fluctuations which I cant help right now. My kenya tree seems to be closed and kinda wilting too.

Parameters today:
Salinity – 1.025
Ammonia – 0
Nitrite – 0
Nitrate ~5
Phosphate – 0
Calcium – 460
PH – Maybe 8, I cant really tell
Carbonate hardness (KH) – 8

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I commented on that bleaching a while ago, right? I think that piece was getting too much light in your tank. Might have done better lower in the tank for you. Your parameters look ok (though I keep my alk higher, you're in an acceptable range). Everything else looks good. Probably should start your next cap a bit lower.

12g - 72w PC - Here is where my cap is in the tank:

ftsyn0.jpg

The GSP is making it's way down to where the cap is so I was planning to move it higher. Now that I see yours bleached with less WPG higher in the tank Im scared.

I really don’t think it’s the placement because it was fine there for a couple months. Now my kenya tree coral is slumping over and today my xenia is looking weird. So I cant do anythign until I get home later. Other than those my other corals look good

Yeah, take a picture man. :D lol jk.. Let's see what you got... tap tap tap. ( that is my foot tapping while we wait ) heh.. jk.

I lost a leather coral when it turned all soft an mushy ... wish I had read this thread first.

Another good reality reef TV ...I need to work more read your threads less, you and mynd have me hooked today.

Anyone tell me how they get good night pictures?
I tried last night to take a pic of a night crab...hitchhiker sort maybe 5mm...I get flash and white flash of a picture.