• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sunny's 350G build (was 150)

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Welcome back sunny... Glad you back on point

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry to hear about the back injury Sunny, but glad your feeling better now. The tank still looks as great as ever too!

Welcome back Sunny. Gonna be nice to have you back around. If there is anything I can help you with let me know.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
glad you're back Sunny and glad you're doing well. The tank looks beautiful as all ways.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The white is reflection of the rocks that do not have coraline on them. I moved some rocks around. The corals were growing into each other had to do it :D.
The rocks underneath are white as good as new. The light bounces off them and gives that white blinding look.

Gee what a terrible problem to have! :D

Glad to hear your recovery is going well. Back problems can be a real pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
October Update :- The funny and frustrating sides of this hobby!

So I acquired a False Personifier male, who did not eat for few day. He is now eating pellets.
I got a bandit angel and was very skeptical about him eating. He is eating mysis, nori and flakes. - FLAKES?

Then I was at AO yesterday and bought a ton of wrasses. Will's tanks were sucking air when I was done :D.
Some impromptu purchases. My son was with me and he loved the tamrins, so I got all he had.

Now, my tank is cloudy. Yup, cloudy all day. Why? Because these tamrins love to blow sand. OMG! they won't stop. Eat well, fed well but I must blow sand :mad:.

The crab is still alive and now these new tamrins. What am I going to do :nervous ..

What am I going to do :nervous ..

I know exactly what can be done. You transfer your tank to my place, and you can have mine. I'll gladly deal with the wrasses' and crab to have such a fine looking work of art.

Seriously though, sorry to hear about the wrasses' hopefully they settle down for you.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
LOL - Nice one John.

I think it is natural for them to do this to find food. I can't let them do this for long though. They will have to come out soon ..

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
I think give it some time sunny they will probably slow down. And if Johns offer falls through think of me lol
I see you still have the crab. Did you get the 60 ml syringe? The boiling water worked for me he is a gone

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I think give it some time sunny they will probably slow down. And if Johns offer falls through think of me lol
I see you still have the crab. Did you get the 60 ml syringe? The boiling water worked for me he is a gone

60ml syringe? I boiled 2 gallons of water. Poured it into a bucket. Put a maxijet 1200 with a hose in the bucket and pumped 1.5 gallon hot water right in his face.
My son said he was shocked and did not move (he had the flash light).

24 hours later I looked in the same spot and there he was, looking at me and saying "Is that the best you got?".

You get the point.

Fortunately, I did get the wrasse out quite easily. No more sand storms. However, the damage is done. My nitrates which have always been < 5, are at 50 right now.

Yes, 50 :mad:. Think twice before you disturb the sand bed...

Sunny that crab is staying in the tank I think you are just going to have to wait for him to just get old and die

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Just a thought I have never tried this bit maybe get a tiny fish hook and bait it with a piece of shrimp or something and put it where the crab is. When he starts eating slowly pull on the line pulling him out of his "hole". Do this with the lights out. I go crabbing all the time this would basically be like using drop lines for blue claws. When you get him out of the hole either you or your son be ready with the net. It works pulling blue claws from the bay so it may be worth a shot.

Edit: make sure it's a good size piece of shrimp.