• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sunny's 600 Gallon Build

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Here is how it looks. Many many thanks to @greybolt03 , @horseplay, @MadReefer ,@mikem and @Mrx7899x. They stand in same order in the last picture.

Unfotunately the tank came in damaged. It will have to be replaced.

I cannot tell you guys how disappointed I am.
4d8d19bbce60524ddc1d2d5b8927557f.jpg

Sunny

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Oh wow! My heart sank when I read that. I bet you are disappointed. How long will it take for them to get another one to you? I was expecting to see it filling up. I have to say that it is a beauty!

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
It came with shattered Acrylic in the base and side joints. It is not the builder's fault. It is the a$$hole who delivered it to me.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Thats the same spot the previous tank was in, isn't it?
Totally different dynamic with the room.
Are you going to leave it as a 3 side exposed?
That would be phenomenal.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
It came with shattered Acrylic in the base and side joints. It is not the builder's fault. It is the a$$hole who delivered it to me.
Wow man I’m so sorry to hear this. I hope it gets squared away quickly.

You sure it was damage via transport. It was clearly shipped by air through Newark Airport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arvin

NJRC Member
Looking gorgeous Sunny! For this kind of depth I am wondering how will you even reach the center of the tank without scuba gear.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
The new tank comes this week hopefully. I have been busy collecting more fish. Got some really nice ones in my QT tanks.

082d52b6638d953ac5e053020ad94bf4.jpg
5be0fdefdbc27bb902e52f1185fe752a.jpg

Sunny

Dude you need to stop. Seeing these pictures just makes me want to go get a 1200g tank and out do you lol. Good luck and the fish looks great man. Can't wait to see the tank up and running

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
OK. So the tank did not come Wednesday as expected. To make things worse the shipping company called me that they cannot deliver it, without me having 5 people here to take it off the truck. This is exactly what the first company did and why the tank got damaged. After the first tank fiasco, I was assured multiple times by Advanced Acrylics that they will ship the next one and it will be delivered using a forklift.
It is Thursday and I now get a call from Advanced Acrylic that the shipping company damaged the pallet the tank was on and might have damaged the tank as well. This is when I lost it and closed my thread here and asked for a full refund from them.

Today, Friday I got a call saying the tank might be OK and the shipping company and AA are now working to get a forklift to get it delivered on Tuesday next week. I have said no to it but, they are asking for another chance. So at this time, I will let them deliver on Tuesday and go from there.

Sorry for getting punchy I was just so frustrated with all this , it is no less than a nightmare.

Last edited: