• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank birthday and I'm a Geezer

Paul B

NJRC Member
Thanks Paulie. I think I got that medal because I was one of the few guys still walking around. I am not sure what I was feeling because the real hero's didn't make it home and there were almost fifty of them. When he was giving me that medal there were almost 60 other guys (Hero's) writhing in pain in a field hospital from that battle. I was one of the "very" lucky ones.
I do remember what I did to get that particular medal, but I have not idea why I got another one for another thing.
I have tiny bits and pieces of memory and it gets intertwined in dreams I had so it is hard to know what was real and what I dreamed. For instance the Rambo stuff and flying around without a helicopter or plane I assume were dreams. :confused:

Thanks Paulie. I think I got that medal because I was one of the few guys still walking around. I am not sure what I was feeling because the real hero's didn't make it home and there were almost fifty of them. When he was giving me that medal there were almost 60 other guys (Hero's) writhing in pain in a field hospital from that battle. I was one of the "very" lucky ones.
I do remember what I did to get that particular medal, but I have not idea why I got another one for another thing.
I have tiny bits and pieces of memory and it gets intertwined in dreams I had so it is hard to know what was real and what I dreamed. For instance the Rambo stuff and flying around without a helicopter or plane I assume were dreams. :confused:
Sometimes I bet it is very confusing inside your head

Paul B

NJRC Member
What! Fireclowns?

I took another video. About half of the fish are hiding but I have a lot of those types of fish. Not seen here is a
Hippo tang, bluestripe pipefish, mandarin, 2nd sunburst anthius, 2nd possum wrasse, 2nd watchman gobi, 2 gecko gobies, 2 rainsford gobies, green clown gobi, 2nd striped cardinal, 2 six line wrasses, 5 fish that I have no idea what they are and an arrow crab.

I took this to show a natural tank. You can see tufts of hair algae, cyano, aiptasia, asternia stars, dead corals and Godzilla larvae.
The 29 year old fire clowns are tending their eggs as they lay them every few days.

Tank now is all NSW taken right from the surf with nothing added and nothing has ever been quarantined, medicated, dipped, de-wormed or anything else.

Last edited:
What! Fireclowns?

I took another video. About half of the fish are hiding but I have a lot of those types of fish. Not seen here is a
Hippo tang, bluestripe pipefish, mandarin, 2nd sunburst anthius, 2nd possum wrasse, 2nd watchman gobi, 2 gecko gobies, 2 rainsford gobies, green clown gobi, 2nd striped cardinal, 2 six line wrasses, 5 fish that I have no idea what they are and an arrow crab.

I took this to show a natural tank. You can see tufts of hair algae, cyano, aiptasia, asternia stars, dead corals and Godzilla larvae.
The 29 year old fire clowns are tending their eggs as they lay them every few days.

Tank now is all NSW taken right from the surf with nothing added and nothing has ever been quarantined, medicated, dipped, de-wormed or anything else.

I truly believe in everything that your last paragraph said just some nice beautiful ocean water no dip no quip no rip just toss it in

Paul B

NJRC Member
Thats the way to do it if you want nice healthy fish living in a nice healthy tank for 50 years. :biggrin:

I can never get even most of the fish out at the same time and many of them just never come out. The Gecko gobies I have never seen an entire fish so I may have 1 or 2, I can't tell. The same with the possum wrasses. I had 2 of them but they are so secretive that I have never seen both of them and they look exactly the same. 6 line wrasses also. There is a matting pair of watchman gobies but they are usually both at the entrance of their cave.

I designed this tank so that almost the entire reef structure is raised off the bottom an inch or two and in there is all interconnecting caves/tunnels so fish can and do hide for months.

It's not so good for me, but great for the fish because I know they don't want to see my ugly mug every day.
I also only buy the more odd, unusual fish and they tend to be secretive.

This new guy is at the very beginning at the right in the back, you can hardly see him but he is behind that black fish that I forget what it is.

This guy is hard to photograph but stays in the front in the montipora.

The Hippo was still sleeping and doesn't get up until about 9:00.

I am not sure where this guy is.

I forgot about the big decorator crab. He only comes out at night.

Hiding

Hiding.

The female is hiding, she hunts on the back glass

I could probably go on.

Thats the way to do it if you want nice healthy fish living in a nice healthy tank for 50 years. :biggrin:

I can never get even most of the fish out at the same time and many of them just never come out. The Gecko gobies I have never seen an entire fish so I may have 1 or 2, I can't tell. The same with the possum wrasses. I had 2 of them but they are so secretive that I have never seen both of them and they look exactly the same. 6 line wrasses also. There is a matting pair of watchman gobies but they are usually both at the entrance of their cave.

I designed this tank so that almost the entire reef structure is raised off the bottom an inch or two and in there is all interconnecting caves/tunnels so fish can and do hide for months.

It's not so good for me, but great for the fish because I know they don't want to see my ugly mug every day.
I also only buy the more odd, unusual fish and they tend to be secretive.

This new guy is at the very beginning at the right in the back, you can hardly see him but he is behind that black fish that I forget what it is.

This guy is hard to photograph but stays in the front in the montipora.

The Hippo was still sleeping and doesn't get up until about 9:00.

I am not sure where this guy is.

I forgot about the big decorator crab. He only comes out at night.

Hiding

Hiding.

The female is hiding, she hunts on the back glass

I could probably go on.
But all of that can’t be possible if you just get water from the ocean and you don’t even filter it or treat it,,doesn’t that just hurt everything with all bacteria n pest n parasites
Can’t be good,,,,,,,,,, sounds like 99.9 percent of reactions I get when talking about the ocean water I use,, I’m thinking heck free nutrients mixed in with good bacteria

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
What! Fireclowns?

fairy wrasse

Paul B

NJRC Member
My tank is doing great but I have about 2,372 aiptasia. I guess my copperband was eating them, who knew?

I have been tying to get a new copperband and they are normally very common but for the last couple of weeks I have not been able to get one.

3 LFSs promised me last week that they will have them today, so tomorrow I am going on a quest.
I am getting my taxes done tomorrow and that is about 40 miles west of here so I will try some stores there.

I hate it when I can't even get a common fish. If I find some I may get two of them.

I gave up trying to get the types of fish I really want as all stores only stock silly common fish like tangs and some wrasses.

I have one Mother of all aiptasia about 4" tall and If I can find a spare tank I would like to keep that one for study as I never seen one that big. Nice looking animal. :oops: