• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Taylor ham ?

D

Deleted member 27248

I was born in 1857, and that's exactly how I remember it.thank you And goodnight

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Any breakfast place north of the Perth Amboy bridge sells Taylor Ham egg and cheese on a hard roll- order pork roll and you'll get a side eye

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Calm down…...here’s the truth.

And Chris, you must be talking about the Sayreville Bridge....that bridge that goes from Sayreville to who-knows-where. :oo:

Taylor created Pork Roll in…..who cares what year. Taylor is the company/brand name. Other companies now make Pork Roll. So if you ask for Taylor Ham you are asking for a specific brand of Pork Roll. That is, that Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese sandwich better have Taylor brand Pork Roll if that’s what you asked for. Otherwise, I’ll just order a Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese sandwich.

As Edith Ann would say, “And that’s the truth…..pffffffft”

Edith Ann.jpg

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Calm down…...here’s the truth.

And Chris, you must be talking about the Sayreville Bridge....that bridge that goes from Sayreville to who-knows-where. :oo:

Taylor created Pork Roll in…..who cares what year. Taylor is the company/brand name. Other companies now make Pork Roll. So if you ask for Taylor Ham you are asking for a specific brand of Pork Roll. That is, that Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese sandwich better have Taylor brand Pork Roll if that’s what you asked for. Otherwise, I’ll just order a Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese sandwich.

As Edith Ann would say, “And that’s the truth…..pffffffft”

View attachment 38990
I grew up in Union county and we would go 'down the shore' most weekends during the summer- the bridge that connected us to the shore was the Perth Amboy ( parkway )- now the Driscoll bridge - named after a former Gov Alfred E Driscoll in 1974- but will always be the Perth Amboy or Parkway bridge to me- I started driving in 1967. I've worked in landscape construction for over 50 years and had many a breakfast sandwich which was Always Taylor ham and cheese/ egg and cheese on a hard roll :p:cool:;)

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Technically they are the same-BUT, comparing it to 'cola ' drinkers- usually one is either Coke or Pepsi- I doubt if anyone ever asks for a 'cola' or a Coke cola, maybe a Pepsi cola lol. All Pork roll is not the same either Taylor Ham brand tastes unique- no other brand tastes the same- why I order Taylor ham and not pork roll

Jamie S

NJRC Member
Technically they are the same-BUT, comparing it to 'cola ' drinkers- usually one is either Coke or Pepsi- I doubt if anyone ever asks for a 'cola' or a Coke cola, maybe a Pepsi cola lol. All Pork roll is not the same either Taylor Ham brand tastes unique- no other brand tastes the same- why I order Taylor ham and not pork roll
So if you go to a store and ask for a Taylor Ham Egg and Cheese and they don't use Taylor Ham but let's say Case brand, and they serve you that, is that then not what you asked for? What would you then call the sandwich since it's not technically made with Taylor Ham?

Jamie S

NJRC Member
If I go in and ask for a coke they have no problem telling me it's not coke, it's pepsi. If they don't serve Taylor ham, do they tell ou they have Case instead of Taylor Ham?

DYIguy

NJRC Member
If I go in and ask for a coke they have no problem telling me it's not coke, it's pepsi. If they don't serve Taylor ham, do they tell ou they have Case instead of Taylor Ham?
Luckily/ unfortunately ( whatever your perspective ) I haven't ordered a sandwich in may years, but have bought both in a supermarket- no comparison- this thread got me thinking so I posted something similar on facebook Taylor Ham brand vs any other- not one person would ever buy an off brand/ store after the first time- it's Tay;lor Ham or 'not for me' did you know you can order it online and ship it to friends who miss Jersey and all the healthy foods they're missing

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I was curious about Johnston Home brand pork roll and searched to find out it's over 100 year's old and a New Jersey product. It is made and sold by The Pork Roll Store in Allentown, NJ. Like Chris, I haven't had one in years, but now I'm curious. Road trip!