• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Taylor ham ?

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Kleenex are tissues, not all tissues are Kleenex.
Brillo is steel wool, not all steel wool is Brillo.
Taylor Ham is pork roll, not all pork roll is Taylor Ham (though Taylor Ham is the pinnacle of deep fryable tube shaped processed fatty pig flesh and slaughterhouse by-products)

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Kleenex are tissues, not all tissues are Kleenex.
Brillo is steel wool, not all steel wool is Brillo.
Taylor Ham is pork roll, not all pork roll is Taylor Ham (though Taylor Ham is the pinnacle of deep fryable tube shaped processed fatty pig flesh and slaughterhouse by-products)
Well put- I think :p :cool:

Salted

NJRC Member
Well said, so when u order it, just state u want the best and simply say taylor ham egg n cheese on a roll pls. Give it the name recognition it deserves.
Nothing wrong with a bagel. One of the best Taylor Ham sandwiches I ever had was on a whole wheat and honey bagel. The savory TH on the sweetish bagel was soooo good. Lots of bagel shops have whole wheat, but the honey made all the difference.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Nothing wrong with a bagel. One of the best Taylor Ham sandwiches I ever had was on a whole wheat and honey bagel. The savory TH on the sweetish bagel was soooo good. Lots of bagel shops have whole wheat, but the honey made all the difference.
Jersey does have the best bagels in the country (omg- will this start another debate lol)- you got my mouth watering though- I always like an everything- but there is no 'wrong/bad' bagel just depends on what you have on it

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Brooklyn, and NY in general, has the best pizza on the planet, and I've lived in 4 countries and travelled extensively.
I had a bagel in Harlem last weekend that was unbelievable.
Repeated the next morning at another breakfast spot and was just as good.
Something in the NYC water, be it minerals, toxins, or decomposing mafia dumps...

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Brooklyn, and NY in general, has the best pizza on the planet, and I've lived in 4 countries and travelled extensively.
I had a bagel in Harlem last weekend that was unbelievable.
Repeated the next morning at another breakfast spot and was just as good.
Something in the NYC water, be it minerals, toxins, or decomposing mafia dumps...

It’s the low tds in the water. Some places in NYC you get a tds of 40 or less with no filter. NYC has some of the best free water in the world.

When I was a kid we use to drink right out of the hydrant no filter.

Attachments

• 61DA2AB3-791A-455C-8ADD-CDB73BF8F83E.png
    61DA2AB3-791A-455C-8ADD-CDB73BF8F83E.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 2

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
With nothing better to do on Friday the 13th, the wife and I made a trip to Mecca…..that is, The PorkRoll Store in Allentown, NJ.

PorkRoll Store.jpg

As you can see from the picture, we had to fight the crowds getting into the store. Similar to Mike’s Cyber Symposium, it also appears Antifa was about ready to storm the place as well.

As you step in, you step back 100 years, with family antiques all over the place. Also a bit disheveled. Not only did they carry the number one pork roll from the blind testing of five different brands, they carried a number of other pork products….hamburgers, hot dogs, Germany hot dogs, Kielbasa, and more. We also purchase a package of pierogies. If we had asked for Taylor Ham, we would have been shot on the spot!

Wife and I just finished our lunch of Johnston Pork Roll, Egg and American Cheese on a Toasted Kaiser Roll…..The winning sandwich from the blind testing done by NJ.com.

Pork Roll Egg and Cheese.jpg

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Who believes NJ.com, and the crowds should be a big 'tell' too-you should have done your own side by side blind taste test= sticking with "taylor' :p :cool:;)

Salted

NJRC Member
With nothing better to do on Friday the 13th, the wife and I made a trip to Mecca…..that is, The PorkRoll Store in Allentown, NJ.

View attachment 39087

As you can see from the picture, we had to fight the crowds getting into the store. Similar to Mike’s Cyber Symposium, it also appears Antifa was about ready to storm the place as well.

As you step in, you step back 100 years, with family antiques all over the place. Also a bit disheveled. Not only did they carry the number one pork roll from the blind testing of five different brands, they carried a number of other pork products….hamburgers, hot dogs, Germany hot dogs, Kielbasa, and more. We also purchase a package of pierogies. If we had asked for Taylor Ham, we would have been shot on the spot!

Wife and I just finished our lunch of Johnston Pork Roll, Egg and American Cheese on a Toasted Kaiser Roll…..The winning sandwich from the blind testing done by NJ.com.

View attachment 39086
Reminds me of Schwinds' pork store in Rockaway. It was there for decades but finally closed two years ago. I've bought a lot of kielbasa and brats from them. The cheddar brats and garlic brats were my faves. And their smoked brisket was to die for.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
This is all in fun, got me thinking about worst ideas for stores- The Cotton Candy store in Chester- closed after 6 months