• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The first day of my NEW life

Yeah Wendy, hang in there.

Anytime you feel the need to have a smoke come read this thread and see how many people support you.

Glad to hear you finally took responsibility and stopped the poison... You should be real proud once you quit the drugs and look back.
Good Luck.

Little update. Today was supposed to be the day I quit, because today is day #8 on the Chantix, however, since I was so anxious to give it up, I stopped Sunday. Today my dose of the Chantix doubled though, and I think I may need some time to get used to the dose. I'm experiencing quite some tiredness. Luckily I'm not nauseous, one of the worst side effects of the drug.

Thanks a million to all you great people for the support. :)

I'm gonna do this - one way or another.

---
Wendy

How long do you have to be on the drug?

Not that this can be compared to quitting an addictive substance like nicotine, but I gave up eating meat Jan/1 (I still eat fish, and eggs/cheese... I hope to stop eating fish and eggs/cheese soon) and that was pretty hard and everytime I go anywhere I see yummy burgers or any meat dish I still feel an urge to grab it.

I cant imagine giving up smoking after doing it for 20y

Way to go Wendy. You need to get one of those tickerfactory.com things like mynd and some of the other guys have at the bottom of their posts.

"It has been 2 days since Wendy had her last smoke"

I've been on "Chantix" for exactly 8 days, and plan on taking it for 3 months. Hopefully I'll get used to the 2mg/day quickly because I won't like moping around all day, lol.

Greg, that's a great idea with the ticket factory. I'll look into it. :)

---
Wendy

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
GregW said:
Way to go Wendy. You need to get one of those tickerfactory.com things like mynd and some of the other guys have at the bottom of their posts.

"It has been 2 days since Wendy had her last smoke"

That has the added benefit of forcing you to update it if you DO have a smoke. That in and of itself can be a powerful deterrant!

Congrats Wendy!!! Yes, I work in the pharmacy at CVS here in Paulsboro. We dispense a lot of Chantix, and have heard nothing but great things about it! Hopefully your insurance is picking up the cost. Not all of them do, but more and more plans are getting on board with it. Although, we've had many patients that are willing to just pay the cash price. It's cheaper than smoking, at least in this state. Anyway, kudos to you!! ;D

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wendy, there's a link on the quitmeter site for BBC code or bulletin board code. You will copy that and paste it into your signature line.

Yay - I've been smoke free for a week now. :) And it IS getting easier. There were some really tense moments around here though, I'm not gonna lie. :-X

Pete, I'm very fortunate that my insurance covers the Chantix. Even if it hadn't I would have paid for it. The pharmacist told me many people shy away when they learn how much it costs. Gees - a pack of smokes is $6.00, now THAT's expensive. (Listen to me babble - I was throwing away $6.00/day without thinking twice :-[)

Phyl, I've looked and looked and looked, but I can't find that BBC code anywhere. :-[

---
Wendy

PS. Remember I was going to lose weight at the same time? Well, week one was somewhat of a failure because I gained 2 lbs, despite walking 10 miles. :eek: I'd better get a grip on that one very quickly.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
http://www.quitmeter.com"]
graph.png
[/url]
QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Quote me, take the stuff above this sentance and put that in your signature. I tried doing the "code" thing, but the line is too long and it looked like it would be harder for you to copy that way!

Oh and start taking measurements. They MAY tell a different story than the scale with the walking you're doing (muscle weight + water weight from muscles that are working harder = a stagnant or higher scale)

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JerseyWendy said:
PS. Remember I was going to lose weight at the same time?  Well, week one was somewhat of a failure because I gained 2 lbs, despite walking 10 miles.  :eek:  I'd better get a grip on that one very quickly.
Your body is going into survival mode. When ever you deprive it of something it expects it does that. Don't get discouraged and keep up the walking/dieting. But you'll have to accept the fact your body is going to have issues until it gets over its addiction. If you don't keep up the exercising you end up like many, including myself,...........much larger.

Along the lines of what Phyl posted, I haven't smoked in about 18 years, but I started dieting and exercising in January. I gained almost 7# before I lost an ounce. Now I'm down almost 30! ;D

http://www.quitmeter.com"]
graph.png
[/url]
QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Phyl, I think I can get it to work only when I reply, or write something. There are too many characters to put it into my signature line. I've tried that. :-[

Thanks for the hint about measuring myself. :)

Rich, CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss. WOW - that's awesome!!! How did you do it?

---
Wendy

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Got ya all fixed up, Wendy! Now you have to change your signature if you cave...

Thank you so much, Phyl. This is for you --> :-*

Greg, no worries, I am quite determined here. I don't plan on ever lighting up again. :)

Been busy spring pruning my roses for the past 3 hours - without taking smoke brakes for the very first time. ;D

---
Wendy

Hey congrats!My wife just recently quit smoking so we can try for our second child.I know that "trying is the best part" but she says the cravings are that much worse after,well,you know....
So it's kind of a catch22 situation I'm in right now.
Good luck and stay strong!
So long,Pete
P.S.-thanks for the quit counter link