• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Toadstool leather help

They don’t sound that bad. Probably just shedding. Sounds to me you are handling it fine. Slowly raising your nitrates a little. I usually get dark areas on my leather. But have seen white occasionally
Thank you. I’ll keep a good eye on it. I will move the smaller one to its own rock this weekend. I’ll keep feeding three times a day and start using some reef chili once a week.

Maintain good flow and go back on a regular, but not aggressive, water change schedule. I would suggest 10 gallon changes every 3-4 weeks. And you are way over feeding. Check your test kits as well. Feeding 3 times a day, dealing with algae and dino's indicates there are plenty of nitrates and phosphates, maybe they are being bound faster than you can test for them, but they are in the system. Unless you intend to become a high end SPS fanatic I wouldn't even bother testing for phosphates. I have never tested for phosphates in my 50 years of keeping marine aquaria.