• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Total lost for me and i am out.

We packed and left town on last sunday not because of Sandy. This was our 6 months ahead planning on family vacation. It was a coincidence. Make story short, i got home at 7pm today and the house smell like a bay w stagnant water with dead marine creatures. My display tank is done. All fishes were dead and turn into mush fungus. Big clean up and now i m exhausted. More clean up and take everything down. My heart is bleeding and my soul is in pieces. I try to make up excuses so i feel better but deep down i can not forgive me. Anyway, i need the club help to move my 180 and my stand outside my house for clean up. I don't know when yet. This is the only time i ever request out loud publicly. Hope i get some one to help me.

I have my in law keep there eyes on the tank for me. I would expect that they would take out dead fish for me but it turn out they just not touch when they saw them dead. I don't know if this consider logical thinking ?

thank you all for reading to my moans and bi75hings.

Olivier, I am so sorry for your loss.

Your tank was really lovely.

I hope you reconsider, but I understand.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
So sorry to hear this Olivier, I do hope you had a great vacation though.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I can help with moving your tank as well. Let me know. I am so sorry for you tank...at 180 it really must have been a great joy for you.

Pete

HerbieK

NJRC Honorary Member
NJRC Member
Olivier:

I feel your pain. Due to generator issues, I lost all of my fish, except for a few green chromis. Also, half my coral colonies died as well.

Herb

Olivier, I am truly sorry to hear about your tank loss. Know this time must be hard on you. If you reconsider please look me up and we will get your tank back in shape.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Olivier, sorry to see this.

I can help you move the tank to clean.....and also help to carry it back into the house when you are ready to set it back up.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Olivier, sorry to see this.

I can help you move the tank to clean.....and also help to carry it back into the house when you are ready to set it back up.

Olivier count me in. I'm with Paul, Let me know when we move it out and then when you plan to move it back. If you don't have my phone number PM me.

Bob

Very sorry to hear this. While I can't make it up there to clean up with you, I can certainly help to stock some coral once you get it going again.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow, that must have been painful to come home from a vacation and unexpectedly see that Olivier. I'm really sorry to hear this happened to you too.

I'd offer to help you with moving the tank in/out but seems you already have plenty of help with that. I will gladly help out when you start rebuilding though.

Hang in there buddy!

So sorry to hear this Olivier. If I can help on whatever day you need it, I will. And when you get the tank up and running again, I will help with frags of whatever I may have at the time. If you have any surviving live stock, I have a hospital tank set up, and a frag tank set up.

Depending on when you do the tank clean up I may be able to help. I may have some frags to donate as well.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Olivier,
I feel your pain and understand the feeling of packing it in. I slowly watched all my fish and corals die, nothing I could to save them. I decided that's it as well. But now that I had to time to regroup and think it through I will come back with my new 120g. Just remember it was nothing you did wrong just an unfortunate event of mother nature.
My tank was thriving from all the great advice I received on the site so why stop. I plan to get a generator so if this happens again I can keep everything alive until power returns or I can re-home them. Good luck and hang in there.

Mark

olivier - let me know when and i will do my best to come over and help.

trust me in this debacle, being there for the event may not have helped. It was just utter chaos and frustration. I lost almost all my corals but was able to save all but one fish (achilles...).

Thank you everyone for offering help. I will post up here when the time come to move my tank outside for cleaning and back in again. Yes, I did talk to mywife and we plan to downsize. however, I might continue with 180 with fish and liverock only. I need to talk to my significant other and see.

Olivier