• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Trop closing?

The line was over an hour long and coiled through the store. I dropped what I had and left. My time was more valuable than the savings. It’s gotta be empty by now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Picked up a couple zoas and snails, plus some freeze dried food and live blackworms for $20 today.
They still have approx 100-150 small frags (mostly encrusting) and a few larger pieces of brain, branching sps, etc.
They have a couple of tanks left, but no big ones, some bulbs, live rock (some branching), substrates, hob filters, and additives (phosban and such).
Everything I picked up was at least 50% off.
Probably not worth a long trip, but if you're in the area its worth a stop in to pick up some misc stuff while it remains.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We popped in there today and it was actually depressing. We have been customers there as long as I have been in the hobby and they have always been a great store. We grabbed a few of the remaining fish but there is like maybe a pair of clowns left. Dry goods are real spotty, probably not worth the trip. People were buying the decorations and cactus plants in the store, no tanks left. If someone wants a gorgeous turnkey system, they still have their red sea tank up for sale but it is not cheap.

I was sad as well. I wonder what and how they will deal with the clam in the display. Even my 300 isn’t big enough. And how the hell do you move it without exposing to air?
Wish he would have sold it. Nothing quite like them that I have seen.
Time marches on.....

I was sad as well. I wonder what and how they will deal with the clam in the display. Even my 300 isn’t big enough. And how the hell do you move it without exposing to air?
Wish he would have sold it. Nothing quite like them that I have seen.
Time marches on.....

I am very curious about the clam as well... my assumption is it will move over to Jenkinson’s Aquarium if nobody has a big enough tank.

If any of you happen to know the guy who bought their smaller display (right behind the register) let me know lol. I will pay any price they want for a Sinularia that was in there.