• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Twisteds 75 reeftank

thanks! i managed to remove 2 of them by sucking them up with a big syringe. i looked closely and i believe i got the foot and all. the last one is deep in a cave so im gonna let some peppermint shrimp in on it and see what happens. i think ill take your advice though and hit the area they were with some kalk just in case there is even a turd left from them.

just an update on the tank. i got my new light yesterday and all the lamps work on this one. so now i have the 8 bulb setup ive wanted. i found a great combo that looks real nice in the tank and really brings out the color of the corals. i also got my frag racks which i like but dont like the flow blockage they cause so ill prolly only use 1 until i get some things figured out. today ill be removing some cc and may pull everything out of the tank to add sand. just depends on if the mrs has any plans around the house for me.
water params are
sal-.26
ph-8.3
ca-480
alk-9
mg-1580
no phos,nit

things are looking pretty sweet in the tank with the new lights all running. yesterday i picked up 2 coralife 1300gph powerheads and i think i can finally say ive got some killer flow. i also found a home for a bunch of my xenia and a couple leathers. thanks cpt ahab! im still trying not to pick up a bluespot jaw but i may give in today and get one. ill post some pics later today when i get back from aquarium center. my acros are really digging the new flow in the tank ;D

j.jpg

j1.jpg

j2.jpg

no3.jpg

no6.jpg

nl2.jpg

Nice man, just read the first and last page. I like seeing the changes. I like your aquascape as well, everything looks happy. Whats your WC and how often? I saw on the first page its 10%/month is that still working out for you?

Audi0s said:
Nice man, just read the first and last page. I like seeing the changes. I like your aquascape as well, everything looks happy. Whats your WC and how often? I saw on the first page its 10%/month is that still working out for you?
thanks! i think im a little more than 10% at times. i usually do about 4 gal a week. that leaves just enough junk on the bottom to stir up for my carnation each day. but its working out just fine. my tank is pretty stable and dont have any issues with nitrates or anything. i do plan on getting some dosers though.

found out my boss ordered some corals from a jersey guy and got me a fire and ice zoa frag and some purple deaths. cant wait to get them!

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
twisted said:
found out my boss ordered some corals from a jersey guy and got me a fire and ice zoa frag and some purple deaths. cant wait to get them!

This brings up the question, if you were offered corals as part of your pay, how long would it take until your cash take home was less than your coral take home? :D

mnat said:
twisted said:

This brings up the question, if you were offered corals as part of your pay, how long would it take until your cash take home was less than your coral take home? :D
;D id go broke pretty quick...he's got a real nice tank too. he got me hooked after seeing his 15 yr tank that is pretty sweet. he has some killer nems and a monster leather that might end up in my tank soon ;D ill have to take some pics of it next time im over there. he made sure i get done work in time so i can make it to the meeting. so, the mrs and i will see you guys there!

had a great time at the meeting! it was cool meeting you guys. the frags are looking nice their new home. ill post some pics tommorrow. Sid, you were a great host! thanks!

hey all!
this is the first acro i bought. i didnt realize it was bleached at the time
NEW1.jpg

here it is now. the other is from yesterdays meeting
z1.jpg

the acan from the meet
z3.jpg

stick polyps
z4.jpg

left side
z.jpg

right side
z2.jpg

i cant get a good shot of the monti undata but ill work on it

forgot to add. these were given by Reef to Reptiles. thanks! love your store! i gotta get a piece of that tiger sponge. that was real cool

thanks! the hippo is no longer a tank resident. he is now swimming away in a 125. he was nasty to my brain coral so i couldnt keep him

twisted said:
thanks! the hippo is no longer a tank resident. he is now swimming away in a 125. he was nasty to my brain coral so i couldnt keep him

A lot of people say that Hippos are reef safe but mine weren't either. I say play it safe and keep them out of your reef tanks. They are not easy to catch either!

He is so proud of the acros turn around. the only problem he is having is not alot of polyp extension but they are growing so i guess he is doing something right...

Mrs. Twisted said:
He is so proud of the acros turn around. the only problem he is having is not alot of polyp extension but they are growing so i guess he is doing something right...
;) they have gotten some meat on them havent they ;D

thanks nikki! it was one of those impulse things and i didnt really get to see it well and didnt realize white meant bleached. i just thought it was a white acro :-[ i should have read alot more on them before i got one. i cant seem to get the polyps to come out much and work with the flow in different positions and give them about a week to adjust to it but to no avail. i do see alot of growth in all of them though.
on a different bitty, i got my fire and ice zoas and purple deaths yesterday and am really digging them. the FI's are pretty small but under a mag they look real nice, the purples are taking a little time to open other than one that opens up about half way. the monti i got at the meeting is awesome. i really like it and it looks pretty sweet! ill get some pics when my camera gets here. we ordered a fuji 14 mp digital a few days ago so ill be able to get some good pics finally!

hey all! ive been real busy with work and am waiting on my new camera to arrive so ill just give a quick update. last week my purple deaths and fire and ice arrived in perfect health and are looking killer in thier new home. the frags from the meeting are doing great! im having a little breakout of cyano but i almost have it under control. ive been neglecting the tank a little from working so much but i think one good water change will get the rest of the crushed coral out and ill be mostly barebottom then. hopefully that helps with the cyano. other than that, the tank is doing real good. ill post some pics once the camera arrives