• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Utter Chaos (+ more) frags for sale

If your using a simple camera like a phone. Placing yellow or orange plastic or premaid filter will cancel the blue lights and give a more natural photo. If you have a dedicated camera you something called white balance that takes it out for you

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
If your using a simple camera like a phone. Placing yellow or orange plastic or premaid filter will cancel the blue lights and give a more natural photo. If you have a dedicated camera you something called white balance that takes it out for you
I need to buy one of those fancy lenses.. however, I need to stop spending money on corals and equipment first LOL

But honestly. The best method is trial and error. Take a sample shot... view it. Then make adjustments accordingly. Reef tanks are tuff because the lights change colors thru the day and glass can be difficult to shoot thru

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Look up a phone app called Aquarium Cam.
No fancy lenses, and you can apply 'plastic' filters.
Works great.

Personally... when I was using my phone. I picked up an 8.5 x11 sheet of yellow translucent plastic at a hobby store and scotch taped it to my aquarium glass to take pictures. I found it easier to use than holding it to my phone

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I have a few I was going to put up for sale at the next weekend's meet along with a few other zoa frags.