• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Wanted to introduce myself..share pic of my new tank

I just got a second baby clownfish from OG2 today. I also got some snails and hermit crabs to help clean up the garbage

i upgraded my pump to the maxi jet 900, and i got the koralia 1 for more flow. I also added to my media rack purigen. I immediately noticed after putting in the two pumps that it kicked up a lot of garbage, and the brown diatoms are starting to go away on one side of the tank. i am hoping it will completely go away as the hermits and snails eat away at it.

hopefully the new clown i got today will get along with the one i had, they came from the same tank and they are both very small, so i am guessing they havent matured enough to choose a gender yet. If this is true, then they should be OK. i watched them for a bit, and they immediately started hanging out together, and so far there hasnt been more then a little bit of interest in each other, but no attacks yet.

i also decided in about a month that i am going to do the lighting upgrade to get 70+ watts of light, which i think should be plenty for pretty much anything in the tank that i would want to put in. it is not as expensive as i thought

some more pictures
IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

its been a while since i posted any pics. the diatoms and hair algea has gone away, and the tank is all cleared up.

I had one clown loss because it wouldnt eat, but i replaced it and the new one is doing well.

here are some pics. i didnt take a full pic because i am fragging some stuff so it looks stupid until it plants to the rock

orange ricordea rock- i think i counted 7 ricordeas on this rock
IMG_0021.jpg

orange ricordea rock with new clown that rushed to get in the shot
IMG_0022.jpg

a tiny red mushroom that has more then quadrupled in size in a few days. it is now larger then the shell it was on, and making its way to the live rock
IMG_0024.jpg

oyster that i found hitch hiking
IMG_0017.jpg

tank shot with my frags out of the picture
IMG_0025.jpg

some kind of something, probably a polyp that still hasnt really opened
IMG_0015.jpg

something???
IMG_0020.jpg

thats all i have. my next picture update will be after i get more stuff and or the frags attach and they arent in a small bowl

i wanted to add, my camera stinks, which is why nothing is ever in focus, but the ricordeas are really bright orange. they are very nice, but the camera doesnt do it any justice

btw, is there anyway to edit posts, i couldnt find a button for it??

i finally got the frag cup out, the mushroom finally attached so i took some tank pics.

i know it is still bare, but i am going slowly ;D

i hope you like it. i love the tank, even with the clown scare i have going on.
IMG_0043.jpg

orange ricordea
IMG_0035.jpg

green hairy mushroom(s) - it was 1, i think its 2 now or on the way to 2
IMG_0030.jpg

another ricordea shot (same one)
IMG_0041.jpg

mushrooms
IMG_0028.jpg

another full tank shot
IMG_0039.jpg

clowns
IMG_0042.jpg

all the rest. i dont want to link to many and have this page go slow
http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f124/youpey/14gbiocube/

i hope you like it

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You're doing it right by taking it slow. Stay the course and before you know it you'll have a beautiful, fully stocked tank that is healthy and sustainable.

Hey who took your pics? ;) Looks like your camara skills have improved too.
Looks great you have done a really nice job!!!!

I have to say I really like the rockwork, I didn't notice it before.

Hey why haven't you become a member yet ??? you are on here all the time and I think you can get some benefit from joining.

Nicely done so far! Watch those Hairy Green Mushrooms! LOL! They will try to take over the world on you quickly! RIGHT RICHT????

JRWOHLER said:
Hey who took your pics? ;) Looks like your camara skills have improved too.
Looks great you have done a really nice job!!!!

I have to say I really like the rockwork, I didn't notice it before.

Hey why haven't you become a member yet ??? you are on here all the time and I think you can get some benefit from joining.

i found the manual feature on my camera. i never messed with it, just point and shoot. now i messed with it and got much better pictures.

i have been wanting to join the full membership, i am going to do it on wednesday (payday). i love this site, and all the members are super friendly and very helpful. i am glad that i found the site, i really love it here.

thank you to everyone who made nice comments about my tank. i have really enjoyed this tank, even with my concerns

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
the tank looks good!so far you are doing everything right, asking questions, sharing knowledge, meeting people! Hope to see you in a meeting soon! First timers always win the raffles...I did!

rod

rodclement said:
the tank looks good!so far you are doing everything right, asking questions, sharing knowledge, meeting people! Hope to see you in a meeting soon! First timers always win the raffles...I did!

rod

thanks rod, did you catch that worm??

rod had given me 2 nice mushrooms (among other things)

one of them floated away, and magically reshowed up tonight. i am not sure where it came from but its back

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
no catch yet...plenty of sightings but the thing is way to fast for me! I am not to worried now that the initial scare is gone, if it's in there...then maybe it has a purpose...

You gotta love the irony of having a worm living in a fish tank... 8)

rod

here are some more pictures.

the first shot is of my new frogspawn. it has been in the tank about 6 or 7 hours and the lights have been on for 4 at the point of the shot. its the first thing in my tank that my wife thought was really cool. it is pretty green, although it is hard to tell from the picture

IMG_0087.jpg

here is the ricordea rock. it is really growing large since i got it. one of the ricordeas have started expanding to the rock below it
IMG_0089.jpg

here are my 2 clowns. they have also grown quite a bit. i no longer have to spenfd 20 or 30 minutes chopping up their food into tiny bits. i now only cut it in halves
IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

here is my hairy mushroom. it is now 2, it too has grown substantially. it is almost twice its original size from when i got it. the snail rushed to get into the shot
IMG_0093.jpg

this is one of my blue mushrooms. i thought i lost it when it floated away before i could get it in the cup. one day it magically showed up there and i left it there. it probably isnt the best place, but it seems to be doing fine where it is
IMG_0094.jpg

i really love how my tank is coming along. my next plans are one more frogspawn frag to put right next to the current FS. eventually (maybe xmas time) a torch coral to put on the top of the rocks on the other side of the tank. also a couple of blue ricordea and a couple of green ricordea. maybe a rainbow if i can find one locally i think that would probably be it for many months while i watch stuff grow.

i have some kind of polyp hitch hiker growing, but its a boring white and in the back of the tank, where i cant really get to for a pic. i also think i may have a yellow sponge growing, but it is still so small i am not positive that is what it is.

i hope you like it so far

looking good! im surprised your clowns didnt try hosting anything yet. the second i put in a green hairy, my female picasso went straight to it. 2 weeks later i put in a 18 head duncan mini colony, she went straight to that. try some duncans, im sure your clowns will love them.