• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Wanted to introduce myself..share pic of my new tank

i am hoping they host in the frogspawn. that was what made me look at them originally. after i started looking at them, i really started to love them

I have a large Purple-Green tipped Frogspawn and my Clowns started hosting right away. Now they have a clutch of eggs under it. I was worried that it may sting the eggs, but no problems. Keep zoos a distance from it, it will do a number on them.
GregH

here is a picture of the new frogspawn and my zoos.
the frogspawn is very green when i have the actinic lights on, and when you look from above. in the picture is hard to tell how green it is. it looks kind of brown, but it is very green. these pictures are taken after a few hours of being in the tank

whole tank shot to get an idea of the size of the new frogspawn.
IMG_0097.jpg

zoos (i think, i forget)
IMG_0099.jpg

other frogspawn from yesterday. i had to move it to make room for the new one.
IMG_0102.jpg

frogspawn with just actinics, sorry its kind of blurry, i had trouble getting anything good since it moves iwth the pump
IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

it has been more then 1 month since i have posted, i have been terribly busy. everything is doing well, and growing nicely.

i got a very nice bta from a member here, thanks darren.

the bta has finally settled in to a spot in the front, middle of the tank, and i am very happy with it. i had to redecorate the tank a bit to get him to show up in the front, but he hasnt moved since i did it. i had to move the frogspawn to make room for the bta, but i probably didnt need to. i will probably end up getting one more small coral for the top as long as the bta doesnt move.

i am not sure i like the rockwork now because i lost the nice sized tunnel for a smaller tunnel.

anyways, heres the pictures, i hope you like it

full tank
IMG_0005-1.jpg

new bta
IMG_0006-1.jpg

my assortment of mushrooms, the smaller one was about the size of a pea when i got it, and it is now the size of quarter. The hairy mushroom has split into 2, and is doing great
IMG_0007-1.jpg

my zoos. i really like these. someone decided they didnt like them and tried to push them off the cliff, but one of the zoos held on for dear life, and is stuck there now
IMG_0008-1.jpg

close up of the bta
IMG_0010-1.jpg

the ricordea rocks. they have grown pretty nicely too. there are still 7, and some of them are small, but one of them is huge now
IMG_0011-1.jpg

one of the clowns
IMG_0013-1.jpg

another one of the clowns, and could be the same one, i dont know.
IMG_0014.jpg

both the clowns. its hard to tell form the picture, but they have really grown. i no longer need chop up the food into tiny pieces.
IMG_0015-1.jpg

my two favorite pieces, the new bta and the frogspawn
IMG_0018-1.jpg

i know its hard to tell from the pictures, but the frogspawn is very green. in the picture it looks brown, but its not