• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Water Barrels 30 & 55 gallon

I have lots and lots of barrels both 30g and 55g. These are mostly the blue, food grade plastic barrels although I do have a few white ones.

The 30 gallon barrels are open top with the snap rings and are not graduated. The 55 gallons are closed top, with two bung holes and are graduated. The bung caps have 1" threaded adapters in them. These barrels can be drilled and accept bulk heads easily.

I get them in my work. The 55s hold hydrogen peroxide and are absolutely spotless ... And disinfected! ;) The 30s held calcium peroxide (a completely reef safe material) and clean up well with a pressure wash, which I'll do. I've used these for years to hold and transfer water and fish during my many system moves.

I'm going on vacation this weekend for the week. When I return I need to clear these out as I am inundated with the barrels. I pay a deposit for them and since I have about a truckload lying around it's time to ship them back. I'm gauging intrest now so I know how many to keep and have my guys wash out. They would be ready for pick up the week of the 18th or so.

30 Gallon - $15
55 Gallon - $25

I'll check this thread and my PMs from the beach to see how many to clean and hold! 8)

Are the 30 gallons just shorter than the 55's or are they thinner as well? I am looking for 1 or 2 of them - 2 if they are white 1 if they are blue got a pic?

The 30s are smaller in diameter and shorter.

I have several white 30s. just fewer of them than the blue ones.

I'll post a pic tomorrow, left my camera at home today! ::)

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Bax do the 30's have clap down lids? if so put me down for one.. right now i have a loaner that is way over due to go back.. thanks

Sid

CJ

I was thinking you and jonathan would need some of these for that aquaculture facility your building! ;)

Sid

Yes the 30s have the snap lids

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Do you have any dolleys with them or just the barrels? I am very interested in a 30g, just have to figure out the logistics of getting it from you.

howze01

NJRC Member
Let me fix this up.

GluttonousSolarWrasse said:
**** yea Bax! I will want to get in some of those Barrels!

Baxreefs said:
CJ

I was thinking you would need some of these for that aquaculture facility your building! ;)

There we go.

What are the measurements on them? We may not even be able to fit them in either of our cars.

mnat

I'll all over the sate all the time. If you need em we'll work it out.

Jonathan

I'll get the dims, but if you need em I'll get em to you!

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'll take a 30. And depending on the size of them, I might be able to fit a couple in my Explorer so if Jonathan/CJ want I can drop them off and finally check out their aquaculture facility. ;D Again depending on size, I can maybe also bring them to the meeting for any southern people.

OK ... So i'm not the brightest!

I should have posted that my shop is in 07420. Exit 55 off Rt 287.

However, if I can get a volunteer (CJ ? ... Jonathan ? ... ;) ) to hold them in a central NJ location I can bring them down to their house right off Rt22 near 287 where it'd be easier for folks further south to pick up.

malulu said:
Bax,

I am also interested with 2 dolleys, if you have them...
Thx

No dollies, but I'll put you down for two.

I'm sure you can buy dollies at HD or Lowes.

When I return from vacation, I'll post a list confirming number and which size are requested and we'll work out pick ups & deliveries.

howze01

NJRC Member
Baxreefs said:
OK ... So i'm not the brightest!

I should have posted that my shop is in 07420. Exit 55 off Rt 287.

However, if I can get a volunteer (CJ ? ... Jonathan ? ... ;) ) to hold them in a central NJ location I can bring them down to their house right off Rt22 near 287 where it'd be easier for folks further south to pick up.

If we can arrange something I am planning to go to the meeting next weekend down south. So is Mr. Explorer Brian. Maybe we can being a few down? Brian?

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Bax,
I take 287 everyday to and from work, and I work up in Rockaway off Rt. 10. When you get back from vacation I could stop by the shop and pick up some barrels and bring them back down to central with me. I'm goin to the meeting and can also take them south if needed.