• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Water Barrels 30 & 55 gallon

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Baxreefs said:
OK ... So i'm not the brightest!

I should have posted that my shop is in 07420. Exit 55 off Rt 287.

However, if I can get a volunteer (CJ ? ... Jonathan ? ... ;) ) to hold them in a central NJ location I can bring them down to their house right off Rt22 near 287 where it'd be easier for folks further south to pick up.
I have a full size van and could help bring them down to SNJ.. I work in lakewood for the most part.. but i know to go your way it's a $80+ gas round trip for me( did it last week :'().. if anyone from SNJ want some i can pick them up and all i ask is just help with the gas and i can hold them at my house too

Baxreefs said:
OK ... So i'm not the brightest!

I should have posted that my shop is in 07420. Exit 55 off Rt 287.

However, if I can get a volunteer (CJ ? ... Jonathan ? ... ;) ) to hold them in a central NJ location I can bring them down to their house right off Rt22 near 287 where it'd be easier for folks further south to pick up.

I am more than willing to hold a few here for people that might want to pick them up. ;D

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
When are you back from vacation so we can pick up? I need to store 40 gallons of water and don't want an apartment full of 5 gal Homer buckets. ;)

I'll post the dims on the 55s on monday

The 55s are clean and ready. I'll have a bunch of the 30's cleaned out by Tuesday or so. The responce for the 30s has been so big I'll have to count them to see if I have any more. Still a bunch of 55s around.

i can pick up wedsnesday so reserve mine pleeeeeeeeze 2 30 gallers buying one and giving you a 55er so that some one else can benefit from it. ill buy em both unless your cool with trading 1 for 1 and buying 1 otherwise... i could probably use the rd for some.. stupid reason.

OK

The 55s are 23" in max diameter and 35" max height.

I'm getting the 30s pressure washed today, and will have a final count on the availability of the 30s.

As it looks, I should have enough to cover those who have indicated they want 30s to date. Let's assume I'm out of those until I get a final count.

The 30s may have some residual calcium encrusted on the outside or inside corners, a simple vinegar bath with a scrub brush will finish off the cleaning. And there may be some of the labling left as well but you can take that off with a razor blade easy enough.

It turns out I will not be in the office tomorrow, Wednesday. But I will be around all day Thursday & Friday. Next week I be down around Edison at least one day and I can move some to CJ's house for pick up just off Route 22 & 287 (Litterally!). So if that works for you, let me know and I'll move them there.

However, if you want to pick up that's fine too! I love gabbing endlessly about reefs! Besides that, I'll be posting some available frags soon as well!

So I've gotten lots of Posts and PMs, let me tie this together. The disclaimer being, I'm not the brightest so I may have missed some of the info: ::)

asonitez 2 x 30s Pick up at my shop wed. afternoon

CJ & Jonathan 2 x 55s I'll drop them off with others Depending upon how many I need to bring I may be able bring the 50 g & stand too!

Cod Father 2 x 30s Pick up from Thermosts

mnat 1 x 30 Pick up from Thermosts

Thermosts 1 x 30 Pick up at my shop wed. afternoon bring 3 extra for Sid & Mike

Dave 2 x 30s I can drop to CJs or your Dad’s

Mualu ? 2 x 55s ? * I can drop to CJs

4realestate ? 2 x 55s ? * I can hold’em till you’re ready or drop at CJ's

Arrg ??? ** You didn’t say what size

Taz ??? ** You didn’t say what size

* I'm assuming with you size systems, 55s are the way to go.

** I did not catch what size you want or how we migh exchange them.

Also, If you miss ordering this week, I can drop more to CJs next week.

Depending upon my accuracy above, I may be out of usable 30s. I have many many 55s left. I will not send them back to my distributor until mid to late August so there is time if you want the 55s.

If I don't see you to drop cash you can PP me me at baxterSRI@aol.com

I'll be re designing my own water station and will post a step by step pic tutorial on setting bulk heads, ATOs, plumbing and such. And while that is easy in the open tops, it can be a challenge in the closed top barrels. It is really pretty simple if you set up right.

Happy Reefing! 8)

Oh one more thing ....

The 30s have been preasure washed and scrubbed. Many of them have some calcium encrusted on them. It's not going anywhere without a good vingar cleaning ... just like a used RR aquarium. If you don't give it a vinigar bath, the calcium will go no where and harm nothing. So, it's all about how clean you want you water barrels to look. I've used them with only a quick hose rinse to hold water in emergencies ( Notice the plural spelling of emergency! :p ) and have never seen a detrimental effect from a little extra calcium or oxygen in my system. After all, we pay big money to add that to our systems!

I just don't want any one to be upset or worried about the encrusted calcium. Again it is harmless.

The 55's are spotless and very clean as they held pure 17.5 % hydrogen peroxide.

ricwilli said:
I would like a 30 gallon if you have any left. Please let me know. Thanks

I can sqeeze out one more 30, but that may be it for the 30s! Let me know how best to get it to you, CJ's, or pick up here?

Doesn't anyone have the room for the 55s! :D

All kidding aside, these 30s are handy size wise. I use them from time to time and it is one of those things where i don't have any .... and then I am swimming in them. I've been sending them back for the deposit but I'd rather see reefers using them as they are ideal! So if anyone should miss out on a 30, and can't use the 55, be patient, I'll have more! 8) ... I just can't say when!

Personally, I am retiring my Brute trash cans and using the 55s here at my office, and at my house. These actually hold a lot more then a Brute.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ric if I can fit it in with the rest, you want me to grab your when I go on Friday? I could drop it off this weekend when I go to my parents.

Thermosts said:
Ric if I can fit it in with the rest, you want me to grab your when I go on Friday? I could drop it off this weekend when I go to my parents.

That would be great.

Thanks

howze01

NJRC Member
Baxreefs said:
CJ & Jonathan 2 x 55s I'll drop them off with others Depending upon how many I need to bring I may be able bring the 50 g & stand too!

Just noticed the part about the tank. That would be awesome if that would work out. Although you could probably sell CJ some frags if we went up there