• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Water Changes

I was doing 20% every two weeks, changing to a weekly schedule maybe at 15%. I couldn't get rics, zoos and paly's to grow well, but SPS were doing fine. I am looking for a happy medium.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nitrates can't be fixed with a PO4 reactor. That fixes PO4. Nitrates are controlled by removing detritus, water changes, skimming, reduced feedings, etc. 6g water change would reduce your NO3 by .04 per week, providing you didn't add any more to the system through feedings.

;D 3-4 gallons every sunday. i got lazy on doing my water test. i should possibly do one tonight. i probably have created a lot of mixed parameters with all my moving and changes trying to setup my sump.

i do 2 gallons weekly in my 14g biocube. every friday (or saturday if the wife wants to go out)

i havent missed one yet. my wife knows i dont mess around when it comes to my tank

Phyl said:
Nitrates can't be fixed with a PO4 reactor. That fixes PO4. Nitrates are controlled by removing detritus, water changes, skimming, reduced feedings, etc. 6g water change would reduce your NO3 by .04 per week, providing you didn't add any more to the system through feedings.
Oh no I know, the thing is that I only feed my two clowns ever other day, I run my skimmer 24/7 and the only time that the nitrates go down is when I do a very large water change (RO/DI). I'm not too worried prior to my copper "incident" everything I had in there was thriving with a range of .10-.20 For some reason my reboot isn't working out as I planned it to.