• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome to the NJRC forum, Kevin. It's great to see another diver among the ranks! And hey, if you need any help with some chapters in your book, let me know. I could certainly fil in any blanks you may have!

Hi, my name is Bennett i'm 17 years old live in Ocean county. I'm new here and always looked for an aquarium/reef club and i finally found one in NJ lol. I'm graduating in 2007, and going to school for Marine biology/ hopefully to get my masters in ichtyology, im in a program called the posiedon academy in school.
Here goes ive been interested in the hobby ever since i was young. In my life ive kept way too many aquariums, always upgrading to a bigger size lol. I have a 210 gallon marine predators with about 210 lbs of live rock, it holds a dogface puffer, niger trigger, bluethroat trigger, imperator angelfish, a powder blue tang, and a moorish idol. That tank use to be home to my long passed Jardini Arowana.
I have a 125 Central American cichlids tank. started with oscars after two years adopted out and got a Amp. salvini, chocolate cichlid, texas, and two small reticulated rays. thinking about upgrading this lol.

oops accidently pressed post lol, anyways i also got a 55 gallon that was an upgrade from my 20 gallon nano reef, with zoos/brains/shrooms it also house a firefish, pair of onyx clowns, and a bunch load of inverts such as lysmata shrimps, turbos, and such lol. Last but not least a 55 hexagon tall for tropical fish like tetras and angels haha, i had to have them and the tank was in a garage sale.
Im graduating soon and i'm not sure where im going to college if i'm going somewhere far i might donate all my stuff to the poseidon academy, lol but i ll miss it =D. anyways im glad to join the forums and hopefully meet as many of you as i can, make friends, and share some info/ stories about the hobby

O! yea some more about me i play football/lax/track for my school but my true love is the aquarium/ and the hobby

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome Bennett! That's quite a laundry list of tanks you have there! You'll fit right in here! :)

210_28_02_07_8_35_10.gif

too all the new guys, great stories

Gabe

Hello everyone, I just joined today and so far so good! I'm originally from NJ but now make my home in PA. I new to Marine aquariums and its been a learning experience. I have a 75 gal. with oak stand. I plan to join and try to attend a meeting one of these days. :)

DSCN0002.jpg

DSCN0001.jpg

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome Darrin!

All are welcome to the meetings, you don't have to be a paid member to attend.

Hope to see you at one soon!

Hey everyone. Been posting for a week or so now and finally got the application and dues sent in!

About me:

I live in Philadelphia.

5-6 years in the hobby with several different tanks.

I am currently taking down a 12g nanocube (for sale :) ) and starting a 72g bowfront FOWLR.

Favorite fish: Queen triggerfish (Balistes vetula)
Favorite coral: orange plate coral (Cycloseris sinesis)
Favorite invert: Scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp (Lysmata amboinensis)

Hello everyone! My name is Pat and I am 46 years old. I was born and raised in Ventnor South Jersey and now live in Somers Point. I am a former Marine(1980-1983). I am married with 2 kids and 2 dogs. I have been into saltwater fish for about 25 years but have never attempted a reef until now. I am in the process of combining 2 FOWLR tanks(never enough time) into a 105g. reef(hopefully).
I have not yet sent in my application or dues but hope to soon. Then I can hopefully catch a couple of meetings and further my learning process. I really feel lost right now but I know that will change with time and experience(and a little trial and error).

Welcome puffer036 and Absinthe,

Glad you found us. Looking forward to seeing you at the meetings. You won't be surprised as to how much knowledge there is in this group. If you ever feel lost or are in need of any information, even if it's just direction, feel free to ask. That is what we are here for. :) Welcome aboard!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome Puffer and Absinthe. We're gald you found us.

BTW Puffer, you don't need to be a member to attend meetings. All are welcome.

hi , i learn about this board at MR swap. and i meet a very interesting group of people . I like your display and it tells me that there is a very solid group just across the river.
well my name is greg aka grisha and i have been in this hobby for a couple of years. I would like to stay in touch with the community and i feel like your group becoming a large part of it. well i have 40 breeder with 30 g sump and a nano on the way.
right now i need your help. i have a long awaiting trade with pnoy and i would like to come to his house for this meeting( he dont mind, lol). i do not have a car so best thing i can think of is to ask if anybody can pick me up from the any PATH train stop in the morning.I hounestly have no idea how far is the Washington and if there any ppl coming to his house from where i can make it. let me know thanks

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome to NJRC, Grisha!

I think with an NJT train you could get to Piscataway, Edison, Metro Park. We have members in these towns. Hopefully one of them would be able to make the stop and pick you up. Let us know if that's an option and we'll see what we can do!

That's going further south than you'd need to go, but I think that might be the easiest way to get you there.