• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
New guy here , so here is a quick introduction .

My name is James and I live in the Old bridge area , my Wife Rose and I are new to the hobby and currently have a 90 gallon reef tank up and running . Just starting out and we are around 6 weeks into the tank.

Current occupants of the tank are as follows . Fish wise so far we have , 2 blacker ice clowns , a purple fire fish, a watchman goby, a sixline wrasse , and a carpenters wrasse, We did have 2 recent loses of a marbled wrasse and a red firefish, Invert wise we have 5 trochus snails, 5 dove snails, 20 blue leg hernits, and a pistol shrimp. Plans to add 2-3 smaller tangs in the future to round out our fish line up. We do currently have a few softies in the tank . So far we have some Xenia , Kenya tree, 2 types of duncans , some zoas 2 small colonies and a frag , GSP , 2 mushrooms. , and 2 leathers.

System wise we are currently running a eshoppes R100 refugium sump . Plans are in place to add to my water volume by adding a new sump system that will include a 40 breeder converted into a sump that will house 3 filter socks and a chamber for protein skimmer,and marine pure blocks . that will then will feed into a 40 gallon breeder that willl be for my cheato , then to a 40 gallon breeder that will house only live rock and a return chamber. We are also setting up 2 QT tanks , a 20 tall and a 10 for smaller fish. We are currently using the trinity T5 lighting that came with my used tank purchase but just upgraded to 2- AI HYDRA 64HD's that are waiting a top rail to get installed.

We also just added a 6 stage RODI system with 44 gallons of RO storage and a 44 gallon saltwater mixing barrel in my mixing station.

Plan is to use this 90 gallon as a 1 year learning experiment then upgrade to a 120 gallon in that space( we are limited on space here ) . I am also toying around with the idea of adding a 60 gallon cube tank in our dining area that will be a clown harem tank.

So there you have it as to what we are running and what our plans are. This is a extremely addictive hobby and I am currently hooked. I want to thank everyone here in advance for all the information that is shared and for all the assistance we will definitely receive.

James
hey james. I'm in Edison. not too far from you. a few others nearby as well. let us know if you need any tips or advice. I've been reefing over 15 years. had success had failures. it's all part of the hobby

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
welcome to all the new people !! i cant keep up so I'll just say WELCOME ALL!!

Hello Reefers,

My name is hakan, I’m new on here. I live in highland park, NJ. I’ve been in the hobby for a little more than 2 years. My current tank is 65 gallon R and J Fusion 60 gallon rimless with the back filtration removed to make more space. I’m running a Eshoppes RS-300 sump with an macro algae and a reef octopus classic skimmer. The lights that I’m using are an Ati T5 dimmable. It’s connected to fully loaded apex system. My tanks mostly sps dominated and joined here to gain more valuable knowledge from everyone. Thanks once again looking forward to meeting you.

Attachments

• 8BE01F8F-3847-4E0A-9867-94804046EC27.jpeg
    8BE01F8F-3847-4E0A-9867-94804046EC27.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 18
Hello all. I just joined after a quick discussion on Reef2Reef. Been meaning to check you all out and excited to join and share. I live in Brick. I have a 125 gal reef system about 1 year. Had previous system in past years Looking forward to going to do w meet ups

Hello all. I just joined after a quick discussion on Reef2Reef. Been meaning to check you all out and excited to join and share. I live in Brick. I have a 125 gal reef system about 1 year. Had previous system in past years Looking forward to going to do w meet ups
Welcome aboard. We have some real nice people in the brick area. They have often steered me in the right direction and are very engaged in the hobby. If you get a chance. Start a build page on tale of the tank. Attach photos. It’s great place to talk about your system specifically and over time it’s fun to look back and see your stuff chronologically. Also helps later when you ask a question people can look back and reference. Best of luck.

hey james. I'm in Edison. not too far from you. a few others nearby as well. let us know if you need any tips or advice. I've been reefing over 15 years. had success had failures. it's all part of the hobby

thanks for the welocme and offer . Appreciate it and will be in touch if needed.

Welcome aboard. We have some real nice people in the brick area. They have often steered me in the right direction and are very engaged in the hobby. If you get a chance. Start a build page on tale of the tank. Attach photos. It’s great place to talk about your system specifically and over time it’s fun to look back and see your stuff chronologically. Also helps later when you ask a question people can look back and reference. Best of luck.
I will definitely start a build page. Probably this weekend. Got several fish in QT ready to go in DT but seem to be giving it a few more days just to make sure they are alright. I get paranoid sincei Had a tank get wiped out by brookrynella in previous tank life. Lol

Hey everyone my name is Ron. New to the forums but have been reefing for 6 years taking some hiatuses in there haha. I’m located in Piscataway and have a 54 gallon corner tank. This will be my first go at a reef system and not just fowlr. Really looking forward to meeting some local people that can help guide me through the ups and downs.

Attachments

• 5BDEFE16-5A59-431A-8B2A-DAE682548346.jpeg
    5BDEFE16-5A59-431A-8B2A-DAE682548346.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
Hey everyone my name is Ron. New to the forums but have been reefing for 6 years taking some hiatuses in there haha. I’m located in Piscataway and have a 54 gallon corner tank. This will be my first go at a reef system and not just fowlr. Really looking forward to meeting some local people that can help guide me through the ups and downs.
Welcome. Looks live you've got some room for additions ! I'm located over in Bridgewater. If you need referrals to the better places in our area or any help let me know.

Welcome. Looks live you've got some room for additions ! I'm located over in Bridgewater. If you need referrals to the better places in our area or any help let me know.
Hahaha I sure do. Currently have a few pieces
2 toadstool leathers
1 nepthea
1 Duncan frag
1 hammer frag
1 zoa frag
That’s great to know. Very close by. I’ve been using lfs in the area and one local reefer. Any advice is appreciated. Tank has been up and running for 6 months now so I’m starting slow. Want to add a Monti soon. Give that a shot