• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Welcome Funghi! You can get your fill of mushrooms in a reef as well. But I wouldn't eat them. There is a Display Tank Challenge forum for 2.5 gallon tanks or less. In this case, it is without mechanical filtration. Participate in it if you want. Also there is forum for pico lovers. I don't remember the exact name.

Welcome Funghi! You can get your fill of mushrooms in a reef as well. But I wouldn't eat them. There is a Display Tank Challenge forum for 2.5 gallon tanks or less. In this case, it is without mechanical filtration. Participate in it if you want. Also there is forum for pico lovers. I don't remember the exact name.

The display tank challenge is for 2.5 gallons or less without mechanical filtration? I don't think mine would make the cut I have a fun little system hidden in the back and it doesn't look gorgeous yet. Really needs some more sprucing up.

Id like to meet up with some new friends on here that might have some like single polyp frags they are willing to part with for either some cash or possibly barter, I make some neat crafts. Do a little bit of some taxidermy stuff, wood burning, jewelry making, odds and ends. Probably just gunna stick with softies with no sweepers so there isn't coral warfare. Maybe green star polyps, zoas, I would love to have some pulsating xenia but I know my water parameters need to be pretty solid for that and the tank is very young but seeded with an invert tank sand/aragonite and some great live rock from it so it basically is seasoned a little already. I'm still wondering about what I should feed and how often.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone!

New to jersey, fairly new to reef keeping but come from a long background of having an aquarium at home. My mom and dad loves African cichlids growing up in Minnesota, I worked at petco in college and kept a pico reef of about 3 gals in Iowa and I stopped for a long time. Just recently moved to New Jersey and started back up another pico, this time a little smaller about 2 gals.

Currently there are some mushroom corals, zoas, leather toadstool, 3 red and 2 green types of macro algae.

I would love to meet up with fellow reef and pico/nano reef enthusiasts sometime, maybe swap some info on suggestions and such! Currently wondering what else to put in next. Sticking to softies for a while then maybe some small livestock like a single porcelain crab or sexy anemone shrimp. Maybe a dwarf goby, not sure yet.. So suggestions welcome! And please let me know if you have a coral frags that you think would be lovely in this little bonsai of a reef! I would be honored to share your coral and be able to feature it in the lovely marvel that is this cute little system.

A little about me, I went to school for music, bachelor of arts with a focus on voice, so I sang quite a bit classically in college. I am a huge advocate for foraging for edible and medicinal mushrooms anywhere from a gourmet dinner to a cup of hot tea that can fight off colds and flus. I worked at an organic mushroom farm after college and currently am in New Jersey because of my lovely spouse who I met traveling shortly after my intership on the mushroom farm. She is so important to me because she has brought a Lot of my dreams into reality and now thanks to her suggesting me the ad, I work at a company out of Bound Brooke, called Aquarium Service Professionals and install, tear down, and maintain custom aquarium tanks and ponds! I thought in college that cleaning fish tanks would be such a sweet gig and sure enough the love of my life found me the ad and said she always knew I wanted to do that so here I am now! Lol

Very happy to be back into the salt water, cheers all fellow pico tank enthusists, fellow aquarium keepers and fans of squishy invertebrates. Feels good to be back apart of a community that likes to support other people's shared passions for keeping reefs :)
Where ru located?

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Dear Lord you guys need to meet my wife. She's got the masters degrees in acupuncture, oriental medicine, and herbology stuff. Always on about mushrooms, ginger tea, blah, blah, blah.
Me, I'm simple. Like zoas with the odd shroom in the tank.
Got a few zoas, single head, freeish, can easily cut a frag of Pulse X, freeish.
In Brick.

Dear Lord you guys need to meet my wife. She's got the masters degrees in acupuncture, oriental medicine, and herbology stuff. Always on about mushrooms, ginger tea, blah, blah, blah.
Got a few zoas, single head, freeish, can easily cut a frag of Pulse X, freeish.
In Brick.

Absolutely! I would love to meet up sometime, right now my schedule is a little hectic but I'll be in touch. Your wife definitely has some serious skills, those are definitely very laborsome studies I can imagine, though right up my ally, I've always wanted to know more about plants especially for foraging, I'm used to looking for a few odds and ends but I would like to know more for sure, or maybe a recommendation on a field guide.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
In Brick.
I've always wanted to try acupuncture.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hi everyone! Just joined and would like to introduce myself:
I am a sophomore in high school and fairly new to world of reefing. I currently have a 3 month old 90 gallon tank with a 40 gallon sump. Built the stand and canopy with my dad over the summer and had lots of fun putting everything all together. I have a tank thread on REEF2REEF if you want to check it out- A Highschooler's Reef Build
Current stocking list:
-One spot foxface
-Melanuras Wrasse
-Flame Angel (quarintine)
-Purple Tang (quarintine)
-2 cleaner shrimp
-some nassarius snails
-trumpet coral
-wwc microman blasto
-wwc she-hulk pocillopora
-neon hammer
-emerald leptosaris
-green and red acans
-rainbow bubbletip anemone

My tank looks really empty right now, but I am slowly stocking the tank.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Just joined and would like to introduce myself:
I am a sophomore in high school and fairly new to world of reefing. I currently have a 3 month old 90 gallon tank with a 40 gallon sump. Built the stand and canopy with my dad over the summer and had lots of fun putting everything all together. I have a tank thread on REEF2REEF if you want to check it out- A Highschooler's Reef Build
Current stocking list:
-One spot foxface
-Melanuras Wrasse
-Flame Angel (quarintine)
-Purple Tang (quarintine)
-2 cleaner wrasses
-some nassarius snails
-trumpet coral
-wwc microman blasto
-wwc she-hulk pocillopora
-neon hammer
-emerald leptosaris
-green and red acans
-rainbow bubbletip anemone

My tank looks really empty right now, but I am slowly stocking the tank.

Welcome to NJRC! I am also a sophomore in high school :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone! I'm Eddie
I started reefing earlier this year. I have a SCA 150g and a Red Sea Max NANO. I've made lots of rookie mistakes but I'm learning. I've also had lots of issues (cyano, bryopsis, Dino and marine velvet).
My 150 is currently being fallowed because of the Velvet. I have 7 fish in QT waiting for their new home. :)

See yas around.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Hi everyone! I'm Eddie
I started reefing earlier this year. I have a SCA 150g and a Red Sea Max NANO. I've made lots of rookie mistakes but I'm learning. I've also had lots of issues (cyano, bryopsis, Dino and marine velvet).
My 150 is currently being fallowed because of the Velvet. I have 7 fish in QT waiting for their new home. :)

See yas around.

Welcome we all made mistakes and still make mistakes. Great place to learn

Hi everyone! I'm Eddie

See yas around.

Welcome to NJRC! Make sure you make a thread so we can see your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk