• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

ctg0209

NJRC Member
Hey everyone. My name is Chris. Born and raised in NJ and have lived in ocean county my whole life. I currently live in Manahawkin. I’ve dabbled with salt water tanks for a few years now but didn’t really get the bug until last October at which point it took off. I currently have a 90g mixed reef. I just recently attended reefapalooza ny, which was how I was introduced to NJ reefers, and am also attending reefapalooza California in October. It was really awesome meeting other reefers along with some YouTube reefers. Looking forward to meeting a lot more.

Hi guys,

Like most people people born and raised in New Jersey, specifically Bergen county. I have had a saltwater reef tank for over 12 years. Currently have a 75 reef tank and looking to add a rose bubble tip anemone so if anyone has one that split please let me know. Happy to join njreefers!

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

Like most people people born and raised in New Jersey, specifically Bergen county. I have had a saltwater reef tank for over 12 years. Currently have a 75 reef tank and looking to add a rose bubble tip anemone so if anyone has one that split please let me know. Happy to join njreefers!
Welcome @Csd140

Hello All,

My name is Chris. I’m from the Bridgewater area currently and have only had my reef tank for about a year. Started with a 35g and about 1 month ago transferred into a 60g. My system is running an Eihem Classic 250 filter, Octopus Classic 100 Protein Skimmer, 1 large/1 small wave maker, 2 AI Prime HD lights, and a Green Machine (rated only for the 35g, will replace sooner than later with later unit). Livestock include 2 paired Black Clowns, a 6-Line Wrasse, handful of Emeralds, 3 Sand Sifting Stars, and a handful of Trochus Snails. Corals include a black tipped anemone, a goniopora frag, a mushroom rock which produces mushrooms like crazy, and a little polyp frag which recently started not opening as much as it used to.

I’m really looking to expand my knowledge on reefing and become more confident to invest and expand my coral collection. One of the major reasons I’m here. I look forward to chatting with you all!!

The tank isn’t done cycling so I’ve had some crynobacteria and hair algae problems but the emeralds are working on it. I’ve attempted 2 Diamond Gobbies for the tank as well as 2 Algae Blennies (over the past year) to help combat/maintain the sand and live rock but both blennies crapped out on me within 1-2 days of tank entrance and both gobbies took a hardwood floor visit out of the tank at night. I attempted each with each tank. 1 and 1 in the 35g, both gone. 1 and 1 in the 60g, both gone. With that said, I’m not going to attempt another diamond goby or algae blenny again. I’ve read that a Molly Miller Blenny has the good qualities of an algae blenny/gobby without the jumping or starving factors. Can anyone attest to this?? I’d greatly appreciate feedback and this is just one of many inquires I still have. Attached you will find some pictures of my current set up.

Chris

Attachments

• TANK 1.1.jpg
    TANK 1.1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 19
  • TANK 2.1.jpeg
    TANK 2.1.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 19

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Never heard of them but look cool, almost like a lawn mower blenny.
Good luck, patience is key.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Hi and welcome @Cjk90978 . I also don't run a sump with my setup. My last tank was a non-RR 90 g tank. Currently running a non-RR 60g with Fluval FX6 and HOB skimmer with SPS and LPS