• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Hey All,

I'm Rob - born in San Antonio but raised around the world (military family). I've now semi put down roots up in Bergen County; also spent a year down in Union County as well.

I've kept freshwater for years in mostly nano tanks - 29g. Usually large schools of small fish - with the exception of one goldfish that started it all and just keeps kicking. This will be my first foray into salt; I've been researching for months now and watched all of BRS 52 weeks of reefing and their ULM tank trials etc. Was planning on a 40-60g with a clown pair, blenny, small wrasse, and maybe a small basslet but looking like I'll be going bigger with an 80g which changes some things. I'm handy enough to DIY anything necessary - but time is always the constraint (which seems helpful as patience is the key so one or two things here then wait then next etc).

Also have a rescue mutt who thinks she's a fish. Seriously can't keep her out of any body of water - including the tub.

Hi, I'm Bay. I live in Canada. I ran into one of your members on R2R and came here to follow his tank thread. (Horseplay). He seems to be doing an amazing job looking at the pics of his acros. I have been in this hobby for 7 years, in FW since I was a little kid catching small fish in a brook in our yard and putting them in bottles or buckets of water (yeah they didn't last long!). Hope to learn much from you guys.

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the Club, just joined at the ACC bash event. very nice. Thanks again Edwin for the Apex fusion support.
I have a IM 30gal mini, with a pair of Picasso clowns, springer dotty, 2 cleaner shrimp, and a spotted blenny. So far looking stable, except for my ATO putting too much RO water in and trying to mess things up. But i'm trying to learn how to dose Ca, to increase pH and still learning, and watching videos and reading threads, so I might reach out for help. Ty in advance.

Hello, fellow reefers! Got into SW tanks in college with some friends in the 90s. Took a long break with job, moving to the big city, new hobbies, warm blooded pets, wife, and then kids. 3 years ago, family wanted a betta, so we picked one of those 5G rear compartment acrylic cube tanks. After Pinky's untimely passing, I converted to SW and have maintained for nearly 2 years (rock, watchman goby, pistol shrimp, a hermit, and a snail). A few weeks ago, came back from vacation where we did some reef snorkeling, and got the urge and most importantly, the OK to upgrade...