• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Well, we got the bug

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Hope she keeps improving. You’re in my prayers. Let me know if you need a keg

Thanks all.
She's home this evening as the hospital was filling up and she seems to have gotten over the bad attacks.
We have medication in tow and have to monitor symptoms for quick ER return if she gets bad again.
No word on the 'official' test results, but the infectious disease doc is sure she has it.
IF so, stuck n the house with the kids for another week. Might need a booze drop off. Like kegs.
Best wishes for you and the family Mark.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
oh man!! I'm sorry to hear this!! I hope she gets better soon !! that line of work is very risky during this time. make sure you and the kids keep sanitizing. sucks for me too because I work in and out of hospitals daily. and I'm still working even with all of this going on. i just keep a bottle of alcohol on me and wear gloves. everybody stay safe and stay healthy !!

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
I can make a beer drop mark.
let me know I’ll leave a care package on the porch.
Tell Carla I hope she feels better soon. I’ll bring her some hard cider also if she is up to it.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Heya guys,
Carla was bad for a week and needed two days in hospital. Post discharge still feeling chest tightness and going through coughing fits with activity or after nebulizer treatments.
KIds had minimal, if any symptoms. Me, I had a few days of incredible tiredness and anxiety, with mild fever and some trouble drawing in breath - same as Carla but on a much lesser scale.
All is good with no current worries here. Hopefully the second stage doesn't involve zombies.

Mark, what a way to end a career, huh?

Heya guys,
Carla was bad for a week and needed two days in hospital. Post discharge still feeling chest tightness and going through coughing fits with activity or after nebulizer treatments.
KIds had minimal, if any symptoms. Me, I had a few days of incredible tiredness and anxiety, with mild fever and some trouble drawing in breath - same as Carla but on a much lesser scale.
All is good with no current worries here. Hopefully the second stage doesn't involve zombies.

Mark, what a way to end a career, huh?

It was so ironic I picked April 1st to retire. They also fired all of my co-workers to break our union and force people to re apply for their old jobs at a reduced rate for many. Then do it during a pandemic. Very surreal. Hope you guys are feeling better.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
@Mark_C When Carla is using the neutralizer, she should try to take as big of inhales as possible. Also if she needs to cough during the use of the neutralizer, to do so. It will bring the medicine further down to her lungs. Coughing is productive...it loosens the mucus. Hope everyone is stable and taking baby steps forward in recovery

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Thanks for asking D. All seems well. She's still a bit tired after minimal activity, but fevers are gone and cough diminished considerably.
Just concerned over going out over next week or two as we're hitting infection apex.
But garage is clean, tank is getting many water changes, Jeep is fixed, new stand and sump are built, house getting a powerwash tomorrow, etc...
If this goes on for another couple of months I'll have a pristine tank and nothing left to work on in the house.