• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What value would earn your membership dollars?

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
As a finance guy. I’ve always looked at value propositions in everything. Simple economics always comes down to this question.
Does the value I receive exceed my cost?
If the answer is yes. I join or buy if not I move on.

To this effect. Let’s here what would make you convert from a non-paid member to a paid member

Or

What would make you feel like you are getting great value for your dollars.

Guys and gals. this is a very important post that should garner at least 6,608 responses.

There was a huge initiative to give the club back to the members last two years. Now is the time for you guys to steer it and hold the BOD accountable.

Silence will get us no where. Like voting if you don’t comment on here.....

You shouldn’t have an opinion!!!
Let’s hear those suggestions to revive NJRC for the members.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Guys. Let’s keep this one simple. For example.

Group buys with xxx vendors.

This will make it easier for the next step when the BOD needs to reference this to take action instead of wading through 100s of post in essay format.

Thanks guys. But again your detailed opinions can be thrown in on either of these sections.

Decisions that affected NJRC

http://www.njreefers.org/forums/suggestions.247/

Bad Fish

Officer Emeritus
Problem is not all stores honor the card so, I would think it will be up to the new BOD to establish those connections for our members. I know that Aquarium Center in Clementon doesn't honor it. At least that didn't in the past . We definitely will need to come up with a plan to expand our stable

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I think group buys are pretty much dead with the surge of online pricing and 1-3 day shipping, unless deep discounts we're to be provided. The inconvenience of picking it up at a meeting if the location isn't nearby isnt worth it. Also if I recall correctly, the group buys were always from the same vendor who's pricing and selection were lacking. If group buys were to return, I'd say LFS livestock group buys would be my only interest unless dry good pricing we're to be really competitive.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
What kind of deep discount do you suggest ?

Also for the Live stock. How would you like to see the following handled
DOA.
Dies in tank within 3 days
Reputational risk to store. If a buyer goes on a negative spree b/c he didn’t like the way the specimen looked etc.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
What kind of deep discount do you suggest ?

Also for the Live stock. How would you like to see the following handled
DOA.
Dies in tank within 3 days
Reputational risk to store. If a buyer goes on a negative spree b/c he didn’t like the way the specimen looked etc.

I don't really expect anything from the dry good side, I know its hard enough for LFS/vendors to make any money off them, which again goes back to my group buys are pretty much dead. lol I'd be content with quarterly/semi-annual salt group buy, which from the past experience vendors/lfs can provide great discounts on especially on IO/RC

Livestock -
DOA - that's still on the LFS and a risk they will need to take, it's a risk for them regardless if we do a group buy or not.
Dies in tank within 3 days - I'll take on that risk since a discount is provided but I would hope that the LFS would recognize a specimen that's not fit to be sold.
Reputational risk is an everyday risk for the store regardless. If we do NJRC specified group buys, since the livestock will be coming in at a discount, it should be understood that any additional quarantine/treatment that the LFS might do does not apply to our purchase and it would be on us for any additional QT/Treatment.

livestock should be the easiest to provide good discounts on, wholesale livestock prices are dumb cheap and the LFS can still make a profit and provide a discount to customers.

I agree about lfs discounts. Also discounts to aquariums can probably be arranged.

What would the money be used for? If it’s to support meetings or buy items for raffles at meetings, great, but a there has to be transparency in how the money is used and why the money is needed. Not that it’s expensive, and if discounts were honored then I’m sure we’d all save more than it costs, but people will want to know where their money goes. Especially since there have recently been several NJ non-profits where the money has been mis-used or has gone missing lately

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I agree about lfs discounts. Also discounts to aquariums can probably be arranged.

What would the money be used for? If it’s to support meetings or buy items for raffles at meetings, great, but a there has to be transparency in how the money is used and why the money is needed. Not that it’s expensive, and if discounts were honored then I’m sure we’d all save more than it costs, but people will want to know where their money goes. Especially since there have recently been several NJ non-profits where the money has been mis-used or has gone missing lately

A definite too!!!
I strongly believe in transparency!!!!!

It’s a must for legal as well as moral purposes!!!!