• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What value would earn your membership dollars?

erics210

NJRC Member
My first meeting was in April 2016 at a new shop that had opened. Apologize, I forget the name at the moment. BUT there was food, corals for trade by member, corals for sale by the host. AND the big raffle. Must have been like 16 or even 20 frags raffled off. Won a blue blastomussa which I still have, a Pink Goniopora I still have alive. I was new and it was cool to win stuff to add to my tank.
Similarly at Marc's last July. A raffle for some shirts and equipment and coral candy and such. I won a bio enhancement kit and a shirt.

I am not sure how well the club makes out during those raffles, BUT I was planning on having one for my July Hsting this summer. I already have two 25 credits toward major online shops, and a tentative discount agreement with Iconic Aquariums, a new local shop in Tenafly (21 Grove St, Tenafly, NJ 07670).(Joe the owner was a great guy and very active in the Reefing world).
I think he also mentioned possibly hosting in December. Only about 4 Miles from my place, so people could always stop before or after or even during the meeting to shop and pick up some goodies.

I will also have my token stamper accessible for anyone that still needs a token.

Long STory short- I wish we had raffles at every meeting.

I understand that some folks expect a discount in exchange for membership. But for long timers like me, "discounts" do not act as a lure for renewing membership. Being part of something, a group of people I can call friends....is enough for me. I would even go so far as to suggest a life-time member.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I understand that some folks expect a discount in exchange for membership. But for long timers like me, "discounts" do not act as a lure for renewing membership. Being part of something, a group of people I can call friends....is enough for me. I would even go so far as to suggest a life-time member.

Look who came out of the dead :eek_new: . Good to see you posting again, Phil. :D

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Well my tank has seen better days and to make myself feel better I came to look at your thread and pretend it was mine. Lol!

Good to see you have not lost your sense of humor my friend. My tank is just a myth for now, till it arrives..