• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Whats in the back of your NANO?

Found these also...let me know what you think, or if anyone else has any ideas or suggestions it would be awsome..thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Blue-White-LED-Waterproof-Aquarium-Light-100-240V_W0QQitemZ200364494215QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Pet_Supplies?hash=item2ea6a78d87&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A4|39%3A1|72%3A1205|293%3A1|294%3A200

I got the nano-glo LED for the rear of my 24 DX. Attaches by magnet and is on a timer, reverse of the main tank lights. In the rear I have Rubble and carbon filter floss pads (ooooooo) in chamber 1, more rubble and cheato in chamber 2, and a maxi 900 and heater in 3. Also used loc-line to split the return tube into 2 nozzles, but lost alot of flow out of each one. Also have an older hagen 301 powerhead with a hydor-flo nozzle. So far so good. Also used egg crate and some pet screen to keep the cheato from floating over into chamber 3. Im also running a nanotuners true actinic and a 50/50 for bulbs. I have the 3x36 heatshield and a spare hood waiting for some mods...if I dont go to t5 first :)

Ok so i ordered the nano glo- LED light, looks like the best one IMO my chambers will be setup as followed

Chamber1-sponge topped with chemi pure and carbon bags with filter floss on top
Chamber2 Cheato and a peice of tonga...also have temp probe sitting in there
Chamber3 pump heater

Just make sure you change out the floss/pad very frequently so as to not build up on nitrates. I would recommend floss twice a week, pad rinse same and replace max 2 weeks.

Problem is I dont want to have ton keep buying mass amounts of floss....to fill the chamber every week is alot of floss and alot of money I really do not want to keep forking out. Unless theres a cheaper way the sponge does an ok job if not to filter but to have the floss right at the intake level.

Hey Kyle...Funny story kind of....About 2 months ago I purchased a real tiny Ocellaris clown for my son to put in his 12 gallon nano. Well 2 days after I put it in it was gone. Could not find it at all. I took all the rock out looking for it and everything. Well guess what today when I was acclimating your clown I see in the back overflow of the nano. Apparently for some reason in the last compartment were the pump goes there is an open space under the middle compartments. He hangs out in there. I can't get him out......So you ask what do you have in the back of the nano I have a small ocellaris clown.......

fantom555 said:
Problem is I dont want to have ton keep buying mass amounts of floss....to fill the chamber every week is alot of floss and alot of money I really do not want to keep forking out. Unless theres a cheaper way the sponge does an ok job if not to filter but to have the floss right at the intake level.

Use eggcrate and build a platform..you will only need a very small amount of floss soap bar sized really pretty cheap even if you get the real floss and not pillow stuffing which is probably the same but I figure with my luck it will turn out to contain radioactive fish killing somethingorother.

IL have to look into the eggcrate....and bill...my clown has done that a few times as well. I used a ruler with a little foot r nub at the bottom and put it under the fish thn slowly rise it the fish always gets scared and keeps moving higheruntol I could scare him into a cup. Took 20 mins but worked everytime.