• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

whats the paintman been up to???????????

Walkout basememts are the bomb!!!!! and so is free, shameless, advertising of my business ;D
IMG_2437.jpg

So seeing as how my wife decided to give me 2 beautiful daughters. I had to go out and find me 2 renta sons for the big lift. So with the 2 renta sons, my buddy Dave and myself we made the first attempt at getting the tank into the hole.
Then came the trouble, when we went to lift the tank into place, we realized the opening in the wall was about 8" higher then what we were able to lift the tank. Soooo after setting the tank back down we ??? ::) ??? ??? ::) ::) for about 30 minutes. We then came up with a brilliant idea........lets have lunch!

Like my ole gran pappy use to say.......you always think better on a full stomach! So after we had lunch I decide to use a few old pallets, and pieces of plywood I had laying around the house, and build me a set of big stairs. This would elevate us to the point where our waists would be at the same level as the opening in the wall.
IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

Now I'll be the first one to admit that I don't come up with alot of good ideas very often but this one worked like a charm!
1,2,3 lift and there ya have it done, call it a day!
IMG_2435.jpg

BUWHAHAHAHA just when you thought it was safe to go back into "Tale of the Tank" the paintman returns. Its not like I haven't been working on the tank, I have but just real slowwwwww. I have most of the plumbing done but still can't decide what lights I want. Still leaning towards all t'5s. I will post a pics of my new sump soon. In the meantime here is whats been taking up most of my time.
I originally wanted to drive it for a year or so before the tear down but after a closer review I found to many scary things. Its amazing how many people claim to be experts but in reality are just hacks!
IMG_0606.jpg