• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

When all is going well with our tanks, why can't we just leave well enough alone

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Re: When all is going well with our tanks, why can't we just leave well enough a

We will never tell, just to keep all of you confused. I am confused at this point which is not a surprise.

Re: When all is going well with our tanks, why can't we just leave well enough a

mnat said:
Hawk, your *impulse* buys are remarkably similar to some of mine. . . we have a mandarin pair in our 30g now, and the male isn't eating frozen yet. . . which means I, so far, have fed him about $150 worth of copepods that I keep buying and there is again a brine shrimp culture running. . . That was the impulse buy from 3 weeks ago.

you could always try starving them a day or two. If I didn't starve the clowns - they would never be weaned off live food. Rotifers, Brine Shrimp oh my!

impulse buying can be fun...if you have disposable cash. 'course last time I had disposable cash was when I living in a 2 bedroom loft in manhattan 10 years ago....lol! Ah the things a mortgage, wife and kids will do. :)

I appreciate the advice Phil, thank you. I have to admit though, I'm too scared to try to starve the mandarins. I love them. They are my favorite fish by far. The female is nice and tubby, but the male looks thin to me, so I'm afraid not to baby him. Thats probably why, 7 years later, the conure is still eating people food instead of premixed birdy food. I guess I'm too much of a softy.