• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Which LED fixtures??

Wow that does make sense. Its all one fixture. Any reviews?

the reefbreeders fixtures have a slew of reviews on both R2R & RC. just do a quick search. long & short of it is the reviews are very positive. it's basically the same fixture as the Reefbreeders "value LED" $179 fixture suggested earlier in this thread but it's doubled up & a controller was added to allow dawn to dusk, dimming, moonlight control, etc.
Also remember, ONE PLUG instead of 4. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you have 8 slots on your controller, using 1 plug into a regular surge protector & saving the other 8 plugs for something else is invaluable :)

the reefbreeders fixtures have a slew of reviews on both R2R & RC. just do a quick search. long & short of it is the reviews are very positive. it's basically the same fixture as the Reefbreeders "value LED" $179 fixture suggested earlier in this thread but it's doubled up & a controller was added to allow dawn to dusk, dimming, moonlight control, etc.
Also remember, ONE PLUG instead of 4. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you have 8 slots on your controller, using 1 plug into a regular surge protector & saving the other 8 plugs for something else is invaluable :)

Yes wow that's a very good point. I was thinking of that last night to see how many slots I had open haha. I'll definitely consider it! Thanks for the info!!

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
+1 for the Reefbreeders…..and that one plug doesn’t need to go into one of the outlets on your controller….put it in a regular power strip and save a spot on you controller. All the controls for the light are on the light.

However, I do have to ask, what’s wrong with the two 165W LED fixtures you have now?

+1 for the Reefbreeders…..and that one plug doesn’t need to go into one of the outlets on your controller….put it in a regular power strip and save a spot on you controller. All the controls for the light are on the light.

However, I do have to ask, what’s wrong with the two 165W LED fixtures you have now?

Nothing at all! Lol I like them, I just feel like there's a better light out there. The ones I have now are just blue and white and I wanted to explore more colors ya know? Am I crazy for wanting to change them? Lol

Check out reefradience.http://reefradiance.com/index.html. They have a sale going on their version of what reefbreeders has, only difference is fewer lights. Another model which looks exactly like the photon model from reefbreeders is on sale as well. I have two reefbreeders on my 55 at 75% and I love the controllability.

I just placed an order with reef radiance.got the lumentek pro 240 x2 and the 120 for the frag tank. Couldnt pass up the price and the new controller they have. I talked to rick. I got them cheaper than what the site says too. And hooked me up with a refugium light too free. Superb service on the phone. Once they come in you are more than welcome to come see them if you have not made a choice yet.

I just placed an order with reef radiance.got the lumentek pro 240 x2 and the 120 for the frag tank. Couldnt pass up the price and the new controller they have. I talked to rick. I got them cheaper than what the site says too. And hooked me up with a refugium light too free. Superb service on the phone. Once they come in you are more than welcome to come see them if you have not made a choice yet.

I just read about that on R2R!! Only problem is, I think I want 1 fixture for my tank, not 2. And reef radiance doesn't have anything that'll fit my tank the way I want.

My mistake. The Lumentek 240 will fit my tank but it is a shorter light at 31.5" and the RB photon48 being 48".

What do you guys think? Full length of the tank or in the middle? Lumentek is $100 cheaper too

Hmmm. $100 cheaper and does 1/6 hour increments instead of 1/2 hour increments but doesn't span the whole length of the tank.... Glad I don't have to make that decision. I would probably go with the cheaper more programmable one but would always wonder what the 48s would look like on my tank.

Full length it might restrict you on where you can place certen things due to shadowing and what not and since your SPS you need all the light you can get

The photons have more wattage than the lumentec with more LEDs. 55 pots vs 40. I personally like two smaller units as I can make one side differ from the other and just gives more options...IMO.

Im getting 2 240's for my 125. more than welcome to come look at them when they come in if you have not made a decision by then.