• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Wow! Chinese Fixture now $130

Im starting a FOWLR 29G I think I'll pick one of these up for fun & try it out with some zoas/palys. if it doesn't work out I'll put them in my desktop nano :)

If its a fish only, yes. The middle will be slightly more dim but it will be lit.

For corals they cover a 24"x24" area nicely. so for coral you would go with 3.

Xavier can these ligths be used for high light corals then? any experience with them? I thought I was going to catch crap for even attempting it lol but it seems like you or somebody you know has lol.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Where is Herb when you need him. He has been running LED's on his 180g, I think its that size, for awhile and is growing SPS among other types of coral.

They are completely able to support and grow any type of corals you want to put under em. I don't have them but I have seen many tanks with them. They are fine lights. Not the most functional But if you wanna save the money on bulbs and wattage They are fine.

howze01

NJRC Member
We ran 2 on a 120 and saw some pretty good growth from easier SPS like Montis. As long as you place the corals up higher, I would think you can grow pretty much anything under them. Now that the Radions are up there everything is growing ALOT better.

I've got two on a 180 (72 x 24 x 24), but did get an AI Sol (Xmas gift) to supplement between them. Three of these would be better. If you're coming to the meeting, you can see them first hand.

I have a similar fixture that was above my frag tank. Worked great. Corals of all type had good growth and great color. I say similar cause the one I have is from apollo led.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Where is Herb when you need him. He has been running LED's on his 180g, I think its that size, for awhile and is growing SPS among other types of coral.

I believe Herbie is running six AI Sol’s on his tank…..slightly different fixture by about $270 each.

Feng (Red Sand) exclusively runs these fixtures over all his tanks.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I run a chinese fixture over my frag tank. It's a blueline 120w and it works awesome. The frag tank is 24x24x12. I have both LPS and SPS in that tank and all are doing fine and growing.