• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

wrasse gone missing!!

thx guys. my livestock list is 1-tiger pistol shrimp
1-shrimp goby
1- mandarin
1- sm. serpent satrfish
1-harlequin shrimp
10-15 misc. snails & hermit crabs

the wierd thing at least to me is that whatever was picking at it just picked at its face. like i said he was good before he went into hiding, swimming around, eating . thx again guys

i'm afraid I'm stumped. I'm going to hazard a guess that the fish wasn't doing well anyways and the damage to the head was after the fact rather than the cause of it's demise.

another wild guess is that the wrasse somehow burrowed into the pistol's burrow and took a pistol snap in the face. It certainly would have stunned/hurt the fish - perhaps causing a downward spiral.

i'm stumped myself. i don't think the fish was already sick though cuz i got it from will at AO & i saw it there at least 2 weeks b4 i got him & he was fine.

Its hard to tell. But sucks non the less. You did say it was eating before it burrowed itself right? Its strange. Hopefully the rest of your fish will be ok.

yea he was eating like a champ. he ate frozen brine shrimp, flakes, & pellets. everything else in the tank seems to be ok, just hope it stays that way.