• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WTBH : verizon wireless phone

Anyone got a verizon wireless phone laying around 3 years old or newer? Gotta get out of this blackberry plan and not due for upgrade till august.

I just went through this BS with verizon too. 4 phones that you can ge t if you dont want a data plan. Most dont have cameras...WTF! and a data plan is another 30 a month, the way the salesman tried to push what a deal it was:
"Well we have a $10 a month plan, but its only 25 MB"
"What does that get me?"
"Like 1 download of you entire email"
"WOW, you guys are scam artists"
And I walked out. Ended up using my insurance for a new phone. Sorry the rant, just pisses me off. Anyway, we have an old chocolate by LG laying around. Camera doesnt work though.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
ds4x4 said:
The_Codfather said:
I have a verizon motorola Q9m

thanks but im trying to get away from the $30 a month required data package.
I never paid $30 a month for data with that phone.. i had a pay as you go with data.. just don't use it..BTW I think the battery went on the phone.. i went to charge it and it's not booting up

With the new plans it would charge you $29.99 for using the Mot Q. (replacement battery would be $39.99) If you don't find a phone on here, try Craig's List. Get the "ESN (electronic serial number)" from the seller and call Verizon (1-800-922-0204)to see if it is on the lost/stolen list before you buy. Also ask Verizon if it would have a data plan on it, some of the phones from last year will have a data plan on them this year. That way you will know if the phone will be usable to you.

Just a suggestion... :)

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have evrythinhg thru Verizon an can't wait to ghet rid of them. Problem is all my phione have different dates because of changes and replaced phines etc and I think they will try and charge the early termination fee. Other problem is my family likes them because all their friends have them. Anyway the data plans range from $10, $20 or $30. It is freakin ridiculus.

It looks like I am the minority here...but I love Verizon. I just got the new HTC Incredible yesterday. I have never had a problem with Verizon at all...and I've been through all the carriers. But nothing has beaten Verizon for coverage area.

i ditched anything verizon but the cell phone because service is good at home and Work where i use it most. and WTBH the H was a typo sorry :p

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think the early termination fee for smartphones is $350 now.. that's why i never have contacts with any Phone company

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Kind of off topic, but just wanted to say I ditched T-Mobile after 10 years to switch to Verizon. ;D

The new Motorola Droid was far superior to anything T-Mo was offering and I'm extremely happy I did. Also, since my fiance already had Verizon, we made it a family plan and I'm actually paying less now even with the data package.

Now my web surfing on my phone is way faster than T-Mo's 3G was and my Droid includes Google Maps and GPS turn-by-turn navigation that doesn't cost any extra (it's included in the data plan). So, I basically got a free GPS with this phone too.

Yea, the Verizon data plan might seem forced on you, but IMO it's well worth it for the best 3G coverage I've had. With T-Mobile, I would always drop out of 3G coverage and I haven't had that happen at all since I switched.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread, but after being a long-time faithful customer at T-Mobile I couldn't be happier now. With all the negative Verizon posts, I felt the need to defend them somewhat.

If you don't get a phone, I have an older flip-phone that's brand new in the box. Bought it at a yard sale for like $10 as an emergency backup... but doubt I will ever need it. It's a basic phone, no camera, but you can text with it. Let me know if you get can't get anything better.

my wife is going to get a new phone under the upgrade so maybe if i just have to pay 29.99 data and 9.99 additional phone fee than maybe i'll get a different 3g phone. my blackberry messenger is sooooooo slow most of the time.

ds4x4 said:
my wife is going to get a new phone under the upgrade so maybe if i just have to pay 29.99 data and 9.99 additional phone fee than maybe i'll get a different 3g phone. my blackberry messenger is sooooooo slow most of the time.

Go with the HTC Incredible!! It's the fastest phone on the market with a 1 Ghz processor!!

The Incredible is very fast but if you are a heavy "phone gamer" it isn't holding up to some of the large graphic games. It is locking up. There has been a few with speaker problems but I blame this to it being a new phone release and we usually have a few problems like this until it is cleaned up with newer production of phones. I do believe if you aren't going to play the high end games on it, the phone will be great for you. I would call your local store first to see if it is in stock and have them hold it for you (if they can) and if not order it on line if you can't wait for one. Right now in the stores in Central PA it is approximately 10 day shipping wait. IT IS A HOT PHONE. You must purchase a micro sd mem. card for this phone - will use up to 32gb when available. Hope this helps.