• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

xbox one..

hey so my awesome girlfriend surprised me an xbox one. little did she know that i already had pre-ordered one. i have decided to sell one since i don't need both. unfortunately for me, i have to get rid of the limited edition day one version so i can keep hers. do you guys think i can make a profit on it? should i hit up ebay? i never got around to opening it since it's finals season.

malulu

NJRC Member
may be keep your limited edition day one version...
and sell her gift - she probably not noticed the different between them two...?
:)

the limited edition comes in a black box and the standard comes in a green box. she is very sentimental and i'd hate to upset her especially since she bought me an xbox one. she basically gave into me spending more time with the xbox than with her. maybe i can persuade her somehow. i just don't want to be stuck with two of these damn consoles lol.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
the limited edition comes in a black box and the standard comes in a green box. she is very sentimental and i'd hate to upset her especially since she bought me an xbox one. she basically gave into me spending more time with the xbox than with her. maybe i can persuade her somehow. i just don't want to be stuck with two of these damn consoles lol.

hit up craigslist first, never hurts to list something there. just be careful of scammers though. you should be able to unload that pretty quickly. I'm not sure about making profit but you can definitely make your money back.

it be nice to make a little something on top. i see these averaging around $700 on ebay and craigs. i'll give it a try. thanks!

Put it on ebay. If you do a search for it on ebay you'll see what they are going for...especially with Christmas around the corner.

I'd also keep the limited edition. Set it up when she's not around and get rid of the box. She'll never know which is setup.

Is there anything really unique about the limited edition or is it just that you get like a special controller or something? If it's not really anything you couldn't put together later, I'd dump the limited edition, put it on ebay, maybe you can get someone willing to spend extra $$$$ on the limited edition one. I sold Wiis last time around and doubled my money. Easiest $500 I ever made.

completed listings on ebay are around $600. maybe it'll go up for xmas demand.

Possible, but also keep in mind retailers keep getting more in and release them on certain dates.

I'd pay attention to the circulars, probably best to try to plan for auction to end on a Friday or Saturday, since they put that they'll have consoles in the circulars that take effect on Sundays. Demand may peak closer to X-Mas, but don't cut it too close either, I'd put it up no later than next Sunday, that way the purchaser can still do 3 day select from UPS and not have to get killed on shipping, which could take away from the overall value of the console.

eBay's fees are equivalent to= .10(final sale + shipping). I've been calling stores and they all have been telling me to come in on Sundays. Thanks for that ATL. The limited edition is barely different. You get an achievement and it has day one 2013 on it. I wouldn't mind selling it If it's valued more than the original. It seems like ps4 is more rare.

eBay's fees are equivalent to= .10(final sale + shipping). I've been calling stores and they all have been telling me to come in on Sundays. Thanks for that ATL. The limited edition is barely different. You get an achievement and it has day one 2013 on it. I wouldn't mind selling it If it's valued more than the original. It seems like ps4 is more rare.

You'll get dinged for the fee twice if you get paid via paypal, but it's not that bad. I dunno what's changed on ebay in the time since I've used it, but you can try to recoup the fees via jacking up the shipping price. That used to be a tried and true method on ebay, but they may have tried to stop that because it was really just a way to hide the total cost, lol.

If the limited edition is just that, I'd sell it. Is that achievement and the special print worth the inevitable moment when you're arguing with your gf and she goes "AND YOU EVEN SOLD MY CHRISTMAS GIFT"? Because no matter what way you put it, it's not gonna go over well. At least that's my experience with women, LOL.

And of course the PS4 is rarer, what good is the kinect gov't monitoring device if it's not in every home?!?!?!

Most stores around me have xbox ones in stock so I'm not sure if a regular xbone is worth any more than retail. The day one might be, to the right buyer.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Most stores around me have xbox ones in stock so I'm not sure if a regular xbone is worth any more than retail. The day one might be, to the right buyer.

Same here, all my gamestops have them in stock while the ps4 still has a que

Not playing anything until after finals but I bought nba 2k14, cod ghosts, battlefield 4 and dead rising 3(not sure if I'll keep this). You?

What store were you looking at? My best friend and I went out to every gamestop, walmart, best buy and target in the cherry hill area because shes trying to buy one and we couldnt find any!