• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Zeobak and zeozym

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I used to, but I do not any longer. Its been determined that this is unnecessary, its all over the Zeovit forum. I let it sit for 30 minutes, letting it brew for 8 hours may increase the quantities of bacteria, but they have said its more of a waste of time. Like I said its tough to follow Zeovit's directions, a lot of people go by trial and error and what works best for them, which is different in every case. I would also always forget after 8 hours and find the zeozym sitting on my counter the next day. LOL!!!

I agree. Even after 8 hours all if it settles in the bottom anyways.

ZEOZYM

Take 0,5-1L Aquawater in a cup, take your quantity Zeozym in the cup and mix it, wait 30min and mix again and dose it in the Tank, stop your skimmer for 1 or 2 hours. When you have problems in the Tank then you wait 8 hours after first mix before you use in the tank and you can take a quantity of Zeobak in the mix too, than you have stronger results.

Skimmer should be switched off in both cases, if mixed with Bac or not to keep the “substances” in the water column for a longer time, otherwise it will be skimmed out relative quick.

The mixture should ferment in a lidded container.

If needed both Bac and Snow should be added to the container after the 8-10hrs wait, at about the same time giving the mixture ~ 15 - 30 minutes to soak in.

For coral reefs w/o issues, forego the Bak, & mix ZZ in some tank water, allow to mix for 10 min. to 30 min then dose. Skimmer off is
recommended.

this is from the zeovit site. hope this clears things up

kevin

NJRC Member
just want to add my 2 cents.
I recently started using zeobak & coral snow within the last few weeks to try to get rid of cyano. I know it's not going to happen over night.. but I'm seeing quite a bit of nice red coralline popping up on my rocks.. and my corals seem more alive & better color. I've never had coralline grow on my rocks before!

ZEOZYM

Take 0,5-1L Aquawater in a cup, take your quantity Zeozym in the cup and mix it, wait 30min and mix again and dose it in the Tank, stop your skimmer for 1 or 2 hours. When you have problems in the Tank then you wait 8 hours after first mix before you use in the tank and you can take a quantity of Zeobak in the mix too, than you have stronger results.

Skimmer should be switched off in both cases, if mixed with Bac or not to keep the “substances” in the water column for a longer time, otherwise it will be skimmed out relative quick.

The mixture should ferment in a lidded container.

If needed both Bac and Snow should be added to the container after the 8-10hrs wait, at about the same time giving the mixture ~ 15 - 30 minutes to soak in.

For coral reefs w/o issues, forego the Bak, & mix ZZ in some tank water, allow to mix for 10 min. to 30 min then dose. Skimmer off is
recommended.

this is from the zeovit site. hope this clears things up

So we can put zym and snow in the same container and dose? How many times weekly 2?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD