• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Zoa growing contest?

I didn't think about the whole LFS being too far for someone. I think this^ idea would work best. Instead of you just putting up the colony we could all chip in towards it. Unless you really want to just put it up;)

Anyone have fragging skills?

I don't mind fragging some of it for the contest. It's over 100 p I think so even if everyone took 2 or 3 I'd still be good. Then I'll just take back what's left. It's a pretty decent grower to boot. At the end everyone gets a nice frag to keep. Consolation of sorts.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
can we agree on a high end zoa none of us have?

007c239f-6986-47e7-aa02-09da2f280b79.jpg

i'm pretty stacked at the moment lol

(I really need another frag tank)

I could go for black hornets ... just sayin :)

I also could get some large frag disc that we can use for the grow out contest. we can easily count all the polyps on when the time comes.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Black Hornets go for 75.00 to a 100.00 per head and are very hard to find.

exactly, good high end zoa and i know someone that could possibly get us a frag if everyone agrees on it.

just a suggestion though, there are a ton to choose from.

I'm game for it. Even if we have 10 people involved at $15-$20 per person. We could get a few polyps. Have them growing for a year while the contest is rolling along. 2-3 polyps to start could end up being 10 after a year. Nice grab in my mind. Though there are plenty more nice ones out there still

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I could even offer up a colony of pink palys to be fragged as the growing zoa. Maybe we could get this started at the next meeting and use the zoas as part of a frag demo and the participants each get a frag. Just a rambling thought...

We have nine people in so far. Should we set a limit on participants? 10 people at $20 a pop will get us two black hornet polyps for the winner..