• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

180g Fowlr Tank Stock (Yes, another one)

>> 1-Yellow Tang
>> 1-Blue Throat Triggerfish
>> 1-Pinktail Triggerfish
>> 1-Milaris Eel
>> 1-Harlequin Tuskfish
>> 1-Emperor Angelfish
>> 1-Kole Tang
>> 2-Potter's Angelfish
Would that be ok in a 180g FOWLR (72"x24"x24")?

Gee, this list looks real familiar. :D

Potters are tough to acclimate and get eating. They prefer a well established reef environment. I don't think they'll do well in the group you have listed.

It's also a pretty heavy bioload. Based on my own personal tastes, I'd lose the pinktail trigger.

So, I should get rid of the Potter's and the Pinktail. If I get rid of them, could I add a different fish? What would you suggest?
>> 1-Yellow Tang
>> 1-(Fish)
>> 1-Milaris Eel
>> 1-Harlequin Tuskfish
>> 1-Emperor Angelfish
>> 1-Kole Tang

>> 1-Yellow Tang
>> 2-Henoichus Butterfly
>> 1-Milaris Eel
>> 1-Harlequin Tuskfish
>> 1-Emperor Angelfish
>> 1-Kole Tang
>> 2-Potter's Angelfish

Why not a really fast paced fish like a banana wrasse? One of the thalassoma wrasses would make a nice addition. Some real beauties.

Actually, if you can find a healthy Thalassoma lucasanum wrasse, AKA the Cortez Rainbow, that is a supermale, go with that. Not much more beautiful fish out there than them, if you ask me.

Triggerfishes introduction. Prone to spitting water out of the tank top to attract possible treats. Be sure to cover any open wiring.

I thought I would look up all your fish...I guess it looks good you know the trigger and emperor are going to be the dominate fish? The potters are a little tricky right?

How are you going to cover the tank?

Looking at the bioload make sure you really have a good sized skimmer. That would be the one bit criticism/observation.

Really nice mix of fish though I will give you credit.

I might just have this stocklist, and I plan on having a good skimmer. Thanks, JRWHOLER for chekcing out this thread, you seem to always post on mine, and I'd just like to say "thanks."

Stocklist Probably is going to be this:

>> 1-Yellow Tang
>> 2-3 Butterflies (Need help chosing Species.)
>> 1-Milaris Eel
>> 1-Harlequin Tuskfish
>> 1-Emperor Angelfish
>> 1-Kole Tang

Your very welcome...I don't know as much as a lot of folks but my approach is to research as much as I can when I find a question I find interesting and post what I find that might be useful. I did the same thing with my most recent fish purchase so I like the thread. I also like it because there are a lot of fish that I really cannot have with a mixed reef.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
some of my suppliers have had super healthy red sea semi-lavartus butterfly's nice and fat and eating frozen foods,though this is not the norm for any b-fly most seem to have some kind of glitch in life.Hawaiian raccoons have also been doing well this season just make sure none of them come from Bali.
HTH

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Bali fish are very hit or miss with health,some regions there did and still do chemical collection on fish,although illegal it's still happening. red-sea and hawaii are more money but well worth it,don't get me wrong I've seen and had bali fish do very well one example moorish idols from bali never eat and starve within weeks in tanks hawaiian idols can last indefinitely they eat almost anything put into the tank.These are just some thoughts to keep in mind.

Sorry don't know a lot about butterfly fish....Tangs are my current specialty ;D. I would see what Will has at AO, then you know about the fish. I went through a long adoption procedure with mine. Of course Will was about to throw me out or charge me admission I think.

I actually got paid 5$ at Absolutelyfish for them to get me to leave as I was taking to long deciding on what fish to pick...(watched this leopard wrasse for about 2 hours or so). I ended up taking home the leopard wrasse and getting 5$ in my pocket.

1. I'm 14, so they think I have no business with saltwater tanks.
2. They think I know nothing because of their opinion listed in number 1.
3. I was asking questions they couldn't ask about the particular leopard wrasse.
4. I just don't like the high prices, so I thought I should have a good look around seeing as how all of the costs so much, so I thought I should look around, I really like looking at their nice display tanks.
5. It was close to closing when they paid me.

Oh, and I've also decided to update the stocklist:

>> 1-Purple Tang
>> 2-Semilarvatus Butterfly Fish
>> 1-Milaris Eel
>> 1-Harlequin Tuskfish
>> 1-Emperor Angelfish
>> 1-Kole Tang

I changed to a Purple Tang, as I wanted to have that particular pair of butterflies, and they are similar in shape and coloration to a yellow tang, so I was fearful that there would be a fight. I would like to add a final fish, of a different variety than the others, to finish off this list. Any suggestions would be highly welcomed.

Thanks,
Steve

SteveReef said:
I actually got paid 5$ at Absolutelyfish for them to get me to leave as I was taking to long deciding on what fish to pick...(watched this leopard wrasse for about 2 hours or so). I ended up taking home the leopard wrasse and getting 5$ in my pocket.

That is great I knew we had a lot in common. ;D

The only reason I take long is that I don't trust any of the people there, well, that are usually there. I wouldn't trust a kid close to my age for a second. + It always seems that the kids working there don't pay any attention to me or something. I always have to get help from the front desk and ask for Todd, or this other guy (forgot his name). Anyone have any opinions on the tank stock?