• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

180g Fowlr Tank Stock (Yes, another one)

I found the final piece to my list:

>> 1-Purple Tang
>> 1-Blue Throat Triggerfish
>> 2-Semilarvatus Butterfly Fish
>> 1-Milaris Eel
>> 1-Harlequin Tuskfish
>> 1-Emperor Angelfish
>> 1-Kole Tang
>> 1-Personifer Angelfish It may look drab to some, but I just love them.

I really love those Large Marine Angels, and some day, when I am over 21 I plan on getting a very large tank (if my job would permit), as I really love this hobby.

Thanks,
Steve

Also, any other opinions on this stock would be fantastic.

>> 1-Purple Tang
>> 1-Milaris Eel
>> 1-Harlequin Tuskfish
>> 1-Emperor Angelfish
>> 1-Kole Tang
>> 2-Personifer Angelfish (To pair up, I get 2 under 4" and let the dominant one become Male, almost like clownfish)

I most likely will be getting the whol tank set up from Brian (Reefers) at Ocean Gallery II, as I was going to do a 120g Reef earlier in the year, and got off track, but he was such a nice guy, and I have heard nothing but good things from him.

Dude a 180 is exactly a nano tank LOL. I see you switched yellow tang for yellow butterfly, should be a beautiful bunch of fish.

Yeah, as those semilivartus butterflies are what got me into this hobby, I saw them when I went with my cousin into The Fish Tank, and fell in love right away, but I didn't have a tank large enough to house them whenever I set my tank up. So, now I have the chance, and I switched the Yellow Tang witha a Purple and added the two goldens.

Thanks,
Steve

>> 1-Purple Tang
>> 1-Milaris Eel
>> 1-Harlequin Tuskfish
>> 1-Emperor Angelfish
>> 1-Kole Tang
>> 2-Personifer Angelfish

Anyone have any opinion on which is better: Vita-Chem or Selcon for soaking fish food?

>> 1-Purple Tang
>> 1-Milaris Eel
>> 1-Harlequin Tuskfish
>> 1-Emperor Angelfish
>> 1-Kole Tang
>> 2-Genicanthus Angelfish (Pair)

I"m contemplating taking out the eel and the Harlequin, as I am starting to think about going for a more peaceful FOWLR. Opinions?

>> 1-Purple Tang
>> 1-Emperor Angelfish
>> 1-Kole Tang

Is where I am at right now. I will change this around still. Johnathan. Could you please look at this list?

Changes probably being made: I maybe getting rid of the Emperor Angelfish, I am not sure, as I've been basically posting to myself lol trying to get all of the information infront of me.

• 1-Kole Tang
• 1-Purple Tang
• 1-Blue Jaw Triggerfish
• 1-Scribbled Angelfish
• 2-Personifer Angelfish
• 2-Semilivartus Butterflies

• 1-Kole Tang
• 1-Purple Tang
• 1-Blue Jaw Triggerfish
• 1-Scribbled Angelfish
• 2-Personifer Angelfish
• 1-Swallowtail Female
• 1-Bellus Female
• 1-Acanthurus Tang

That is the final stocklist, and most likely, if not indefinitely I would not be surprised if I actually ended up making some sort of Marine Fish business my job. I really love the hobby.

5 large angelfish are 3 large angelfish too much for this tank, IMHO.

Stated that via our PMs.

Frankly, if you want the two Swallowtail's, I'd say to decide on ONE of either a Personifier or a Scribbled and stick with a grand total of 3.

Would still be overstoked, IMHO, but much more do-able.

With your stock list, I'd say you'd at LEAST want to double or even triple the tank size if you actually put all of that in there.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you put a female bellus in there with all of those other angels, be prepared to pick it up off the carpet or from inside your light fixture or something by the second morning.

• 1-Kole Tang
• 1-Purple Tang
• 1-Blue Jaw Triggerfish
• 1-Scribbled Angelfish

Could I add a tang such as a Powder Blue, or Blue Tang and be done ..? Or would that overstock it..? So, I'm asking if I could add one of these:

Powder Blue
White Cheek
Achillies
Powder Brown
Hippo Tang
Mimic Tang

Thanks,
Steve

So basically the two options are:

• 1-Kole Tang
• 1-Purple Tang
• 1-Blue Jaw Triggerfish
• 1-Scribbled Angelfish
• 1-Personifer Angelfish

or

• 1-Kole Tang
• 1-Purple Tang
• 1-Blue Jaw Triggerfish
• 1-Scribbled Angelfish
• 1-Acanthurus Tang

I think that if you go with either of those final stocking lists plus any random midsized Acanthurus tang, you'd be fine. Be aware that Powder Blues get very aggressive sometimes, though, and it might be all out warfare with your purple (which also gets seriously aggressive).

I think they are a bit tricky ... like the hippo they get ick and are just plain tempermental.(pain in butt)
How about a powder brown...similar and pretty nice fish similar without the cost and a little sturdier?
The purple is agressive, the kole is not so make sure you add the purple last or for sure not first.

The harliquin tusk is not agressive BTW...just eats some inverts. I think the more co-species you get the more likely you are to have problems, I like the tusk so I would push for that and stick with two tangs.

Just my opinion it is your tank though.

So, do you think this would be pushing it?

• 1-Kole Tang
• 1-Purple Tang
• 1-Blue Jaw Triggerfish
• 1-Scribbled Angelfish
• 1-Achillies Tang
• 2-Masked Swallowtail Angelfish Pair