• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

2008- 2009 Meeting Schedule

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We're looking for people to host a meeting for the 2008 and 2009 meeting calendar. Please chime in if you'd be interested in reserving a month in 2008 or 2009 and which one. We would also like to thank all the Hosts and their family's for opening up their homes to us in 2007. If you hosted a meeting in 2007 and would like to host again in 2008 or 09, please understand that a non 2007 host would have top priority. We'd like to offer everyone an opportunity to host. Thank You.

2008 Meeting Calendar

January North (ReneeRN)

February South (BillyR98)

March Central (NewSalt)

April North (BaxReef)

May South (TKiry1)

June Central (CamZ)

July North (BoontonBob)

August South OPEN

September Central (Edward771)

October 25 North (Frag Swap 2008 Secaucus)

November South (NJReefGeek)

December Central (Holiday Social)

January North

February South

March Central(JRWohler)

April North

May South (adesimone1)

June Central (reeferwanabe)

July North

August South

September Central (MACNA '09)

October North

November South

December Central (Holiday Social)

Re: 2008 Meeting Schedule

I'll do an August South meeting. Give the kids a chance to use the pool during the meeting. By then I might be close to 3,000 gallons if I keep going at the current rate. :)

Carlo

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Carlo said:
I'll do an August South meeting. Give the kids a chance to use the pool during the meeting. By then I might be close to 3,000 gallons if I keep going at the current rate. :)

Carlo

If I'm not mistaken I think Bordentown is Central...according to the NJRC Map.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Just a reminder to this year's hosts... please wait to see if the calendar fills before requesting slots on the 2008 calendar to give others a chance to host.

Thanks!

Edwardw771

NJRC Member

I'd like to host but Have to discuss it with the wife first. and she is out of town for a few days. (THR or trop anyone)

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Here is a general idea of North, Central, and South boundaries. I don't have the updated version of the map. Here are the basic updates. If you have any questions, just ask.

North: Top of the State to North of Rt.78

Central: South of Rt.78 to North of Rt.70

South: Below Rt.70

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

I tuned up the map a little

NJRCFinal.jpg

The North - Central Line is pretty easy:
Everything north of Rt78 is the North Region, everything south of 78 is the Central Region
NJRCN-C.jpg

The Central - South Line is a little trickier:
Starting at the Atlantic Ocean north of Barnegat Light, continuing west to Rt554/Rt9, continuing west along Rt544 to Rt72, continuing along Rt72 to intersection with Rt70, cutting across the Pine Barrens north of Lumberton and south of Hainsport, to the Rancocas Creek, to the Delaware River.
NJRCC-S.jpg

HTH

That's different then the official state boundaries which I always thought were goofy. I never even gave a thought to "club" boundaries. What you put here makes way better sense then the official state stuff.

With that said if no one new takes June I'll host it. I was shooting for a "summer" month if possible because the greenhouse and outdoor salt ponds will be running and kids (big ones too) can use the heated pool. I just thought it might be cool for some people to see a really unusual type of system running in decent weather.

Carlo

PS Feel free ANYONE to claim June if you haven't hosted a meeting. It's fine!

If is ok as of right now ,we would like to host the June Month meeting ,we have a small house but everyone will be more than welcome to come thanks .

Ralph

Central fills up quick huh?

Well, if you can't find hosts for any North or South meetings we could fill in, preferably in late Spring or anytime in the Summer, our apartments not big enough but we've got a nice sized backyard for everyone. Plus the beach is just a few blocks away.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member

I spoke to Jen and she ok having the meeting here next September. That gives me a year to get the big tank down there.

Edward771 said:
I spoke to Jen and she ok having the meeting here next September. That gives me a year to get the big tank down there.

NICE, it don't get much closer then that for me. :)

Carlo