• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

2008- 2009 Meeting Schedule

Re: 2008 Meeting Schedule

That's pretty funny. All the central spots are filled but not one north or south.

Central/North, Central/South anyone? :)

Still got plenty of time to fill in the slots.

Carlo

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Carlo said:
That's pretty funny. All the central spots are filled but not one north or south.

Central/North, Central/South anyone? :)

Still got plenty of time to fill in the slots.

Carlo

Sounds like an idea to me. Lets just hope we get a few volunteers withen the next few months.

I wouldn't mind more Central Jersey Meetings. But I'm in Central so i'm obviously biased.

BillyR, I would love to see your new setup so if you have any urges to host another meeting I would happy to go.

The North Jersey meeting in Washington was great and I want to go to another one but the August meeting is a little far.

NapoliNewJersey said:
The North Jersey meeting in Washington was great and I want to go to another one but the August meeting is a little far.

Both meetings in Washington (Stan's and Steve's) were great, and yes they were a little far...

No one can ever say that a meeting at Rich's or Francis' is FAR. They go to meetings every where and there's never a meeting close to them!

Rich - Anything special you or Dana would like us to bring?

debfife said:
No one can ever say that a meeting at Rich's or Francis' is FAR. They go to meetings every where and there's never a meeting close to them!

Rich - Anything special you or Dana would like us to bring?

I second that. Those guys are at almost every meeting.

I'd love to do a north meeting next year but my house is definitely waaaaay too small to host a meeting the size that they have been recently. I know there are Bergen County people other than me! I have one of the smallest homes in Bergen, someone has to have a home larger than mine! Perhaps a posting on RC for members to host or on one of the more read forums here? Perhaps not everyone reads this thread?

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

bump1.gif

my house is very small to , but the thing is that the meetings are excellent and the people are great , and i like to open my doors to my fellow reefers ,so that we can all enjoy the day in and out of the house , thats my opinion douhg .

With the larger and larger size turnouts the meetings get maybe the club itself could be on the lookout for a largish tarp type thing that could be used for some meetings. This could be ideal for the non-frigid months and take some of the burden off the smaller house owners.

Right now I can see some people with smaller homes getting by with nice weather but having trouble on rainy days. This could at least take away part of the concern.

At the rate the club is growing even medium/large size houses are going to have problems in the future with the amount of turnout.

Just another idea or two. If some of the slots don't fill in maybe we could do something else instead of the traditional meetings. Do a mini tank tour where we visit 4 or so houses in the general vicinity then use a rented firehall or something similar to hold the meeting. I'd imagine some people know where to rent a hall/room for cheap in the area or have connections. Of course some place won't allow you to bring beer but many others do. But the point is maybe we need to start thinking "outside the box" as the club grows.

Just a couple of thoughts, maybe good, maybe not but I thought I'd throw them out there.

Carlo

i can host another meeting if you wish. i really fell for the hacklebarny park meeting for jan. lol

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Great, Jose... We'll pencil you in for January 2009!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Anyone in our Southern third interested in hosting a meeting? We still need south hosts for February (which is nearly here!) and November.

Please let me or Francis (Sinkingbeach) know if you're interested in hosting.

Thanks!

I volunteered for July which is super for me but I am not exactly North ??? sorry if I screwed up the rotation.
I am more or less smack dab in the middle. Can I still host it or do you want to switch out? Sorry newbie mistake. Good news if anyone has a kayak the back bay is in walking distance :)

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

JRWOHLER said:
I volunteered for July which is super for me but I am not exactly North ??? sorry if I screwed up the rotation.
I am more or less smack dab in the middle. Can I still host it or do you want to switch out? Sorry newbie mistake. Good news if anyone has a kayak the back bay is in walking distance :)

Where are you located?