• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

2013 DVRC Frag Swap

this is the first one that is sorta close enough to me and i dont have work on that day but im still not sure if i should go. ive never been and dont know what to expect. i probably shouldn't be spending money on a day where i usually make money also... but thats just what the hobby is all about

Itll be so fun and worth it ! Even just for a couple hours, youll find something you like and head home !

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Quick question for a friend of mine. What is the admission price for children?

For the swap or the aquarium? I took a look over on the DVRC page and couldn't find any info on the swap but I posed the question. I'll let you know what I find out. The Aquarium discounted rate is 18 for adults and 14.50 for kids.

For the swap only:
-15 for nonmember
-20 nonmember with joing the club
-25 nonmember and family with joing the club

You dont have to pay to enter the aquarium just to attend the swap. If yoy want to tour the aquariun it is an additional 18 per adult and 14.50 per kid.

So for me and my 8 yr old son to go to the swap it will be how much. I have no interest in joining dvrc just want to go to swap/aquarium. Aren't children usually free to these things?

So for me and my 8 yr old son to go to the swap it will be how much. I have no interest in joining dvrc just want to go to swap/aquarium. Aren't children usually free to these things?

$20 total for swap. For aquarium also it'd be be an additional 18 for you and 14.50 for him

Sent from my Galaxy S4

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
For the swap only:
-15 for nonmember
-20 nonmember with joing the club
-25 nonmember and family with joing the club

You dont have to pay to enter the aquarium just to attend the swap. If yoy want to tour the aquariun it is an additional 18 per adult and 14.50 per kid.

Thank you for the info. It's much appreciated.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
When is this happening?
Thank you to George, and the NJRC BoD for allowing us to advertise our 2013 swap on the NJRC Boards.

We would like to invite the NJRC members and friends to our 4th Annual Frags Swap. We are hosting it on Saturday November 16th at The Adventure Aquarium.

We have attached our flyer below to give you an idea of what is planned. We love when the NJRC members come out an win all of our raffles. :chuncky:

We hope to see you there!!!!!

View attachment 6757

Answer was in the first post. ;)

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I had a great time at the swap today. Thanks for volunteering me to come with you Ant... otherwise, I would have just went out to dinner with my wife and friends. But instead, I ended up having a good time chatting with fellow reefers and vendors and most importantly, walking away with a Blueline/Tsunami AT-1 ATO unit (courtesy of Gary from Champion Lighting) and a 32" Vizio LED TV (donated by DVRC) from the raffles!

The Raffle King suprizingly got shut-out, but I guess all of his luck went to me today. Dance

I didn't buy any corals since I'm about to do my upgrade in the very near future and didn't really want to add anything new until after. So no corals to brag about today. I know a lot of our members had some stuffed coolers though so there was some nice stuff to buy there.

All in all, it was a pretty good day. Thanks to Joe and the DVRC crew for putting on a good Swap.

Mike (mnat) - I got that bottle of phyto from kschweer for you. I'll bring it to the metting at your place.
Brian (Fish Brain) - I have an AI Vega for you from Ant (Raffle King). Will bring that to the meeting too. If you're not going to make it to the meeting, maybe someone can get it for you? Let me know.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We had a great time as well, it was really nice meeting a few of you today that we only really talk to on the boards. Vendors had some great stuff, raffles were very nice but we were too tired to stick around.

We had a great time as well, it was really nice meeting a few of you today that we only really talk to on the boards. Vendors had some great stuff, raffles were very nice but we were too tired to stick around.

It was so cool meeting you and nikki!!

George congrats on that TV win!! Im with Anthony, this was not my day for raffles.

I only took a couple pics this time:
rydabymy.jpg

mu5asuzu.jpg

uqeba8an.jpg

pujy8ezy.jpg