• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

40 Breeder Reef Plan

Anthonyjiz said:
Looks like the Amm went down today.. seems to be at .25 if i'm correct.. no nitri or a's are all.. Good signs.. Skipped the WC today.. well see tomorrow's params then if need a WC..

I'd be suspect of your test kit.

If you are cycling, and you are seeing ammonia that is going down, you should be seeing nitrites go up, then nitrites go down and nitrates go up.

Might wanna double check that test with your LFS or a close by fellow reefer. Something doesn't seem to click with your test results to me.

Well my nits were both up like two weeks ago before i went to italy, it seems to me that the cycle was almost done and because of all the corals at once i added the Amm went up? I think i just saw aiptasia on one coral.. I'll test again tonight and see what happens..

So I just got back from Absolutely fish.. Turns out I think somehow my Ammonia Red Sea test is mest up.. It read like .25ppm when the guys at AF tested it twice for 0.. no amm no nitrites no nitrates and pH is 8.2.. Got me a Blood shrimp! Pics tomorrow guys!!

Sounds good...now take your time adding things....you need to let the tank mature and build up your live rock so that the bacteria can handle the increased bio load.